ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Runing problem

Hi
iv got a clio 182.
Yesterday i cleaned my engine and it has not run properley since.
Its boging when driveing and poping on idle.
Iv swaped the ht leads brcause they where old and naw it runs better on tick over. But when driveing it seems to be bogging between 3/4 rpm.
Then after 4rpm it gose as it shoud do.
Has any one got an idea of what it coud be? I was thinking it coud be the coil pack. Thanks.

The engine was hot because i had been out in the car. Then i cleaned it with the engine off then startid it up after. Thats when i startid haveing problems. And also the engine light has come on. On the dash.

Ph2 Clio 172
Spray some water dispersant like wd40 or ultra 2040 into the ht lead connections. May just be a bit damp.

When i swaped my ht leads it was full of water where the spark plugs are. I dryed it out with some rag so the plugs mite still be damp. So il take the plugs out 2 moz and dry them properley. And spray some wd40 on them. Will it be ok to use wd40 ? Thanks

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
The plug leads will be wet. Never spray water onto the top of an F4-R engine. The plugs are really deep into the head and the coils on the end of the leads will get full of water if you wash the engine. The only solution is to take each plug lead off and carefully dry out the insert that the spark plug sits in. It will take a while unless you have access to an airline to blow the water away. Once it's all dry spray the inside of the leads with WD40 and the leads and coil pack. That should sort it. Then take the car for a decent run to get the engine hot.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Using a pressure washer with the engine running can crack the the block if the engine is hot and you're using cold water.

Yesterday i took all my plugs out.
I dryed them and sprayed them with wd40 and sprayed the ht leads.
And still no joy :(
So i went to my local garage yesterday. And they pluged the car in. And it come up as lamba sensor.
Also at this point my exhaust was blowing quite bad in 2 placeis.
So i sortid my exhaust out and there is no blows atall naw.
But the car is still bogging. Around 3/4 rpm
Shoud i change the lamba sensors?