ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rubber brake line stuck. Help!

Right I'll try to explain this the best I can. Researched with no luck as I haven't seen anyone encounter this.

I have purchased steel braided hoses. I have fit 3 braided hoses but I can not for the life of me remove the offside rear rubber line.

The bolt and thread that holds the rubber line to the hard line is not seized as I can loosen it up and and it will keep on spinning anti clockwise forever. The thread however will not release from the rubber line. it looks like the last thread is keeping it attatched.

Here is a picture. It's the top brake line.
2IPKJF.jpg

I've tried yanking it, twisting the rubber line etc and the hard line isn't stuck as I can slide it back and forwards inside the thread. My mind is literally boggled and had to give up as I have run out of spare brake fluid to keep the master cylinder above min.

I should mention that it tightens up again perfectly no problem.

Any ideas or advice? Thanks.

Attachments

• 2IPKJF.jpg
    2IPKJF.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 45
All fixed mate.

Managed to pry the rubber line of with a pair of pliers. You were spot on about it being overtightened in the past. Most likely when the car was built. The end of the bolt/thread had been enlarged as it was tightened into the flared end of the hardline.

Getting it back into the new braided line was a pain. Had to file the enlarged end down to get it to fit so the thread would catch and then tighten up. Cheers