ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rt dials question

172 M69 eater

is it phase 1 or phase 2 rt dials which have the clear backing so i can put in some diff colour bulbs into them? i believe one has yellow backing so if u put in blue bulbs they come out sh*tty green!?

ta patty!

172 M69 eater

damn i though ti read on here one had clear backing... ah well

ill have to go nickin in the scrappy on monday!!;)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i have clear backing daz is wrong ! but it seems that renault just stuck on what they felt like,

172 M69 eater

hmmmm i will have to have a look, we have a local renault scrappy so i will go investigate tommorrow on my lunch!

patty

On the other hand, why not just get your dials, rip the backing off.. and put clear on.. which is what youd do anyway - even if there was an clear backing cus youd have to get rid of the orange anyway.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

daz u dont understand what the dials are do u, right u have a piece of plastic/card which has the numbers on, then they are mounted on a piece of plastic, which is screwed to the dial housing itself and all the needle motors etc are screwed to that, now depending on model/year/when renault felt like it, on some cars the plastic is clear, and on some its orange, now the ones with orange, have the plastic/card dials which are see through, the ones with clear plastic have a plastic/card dial which has an orange goupe on the back like paint that is painted all over the numbers to make em glow orange.

now i have clear plastic with my metal monkey dials on them :D

Uh, but if he wants to have a Blue Bulb.. on standard dials.. no change of fronts or anything, he cant.. because either way, they ALL shine orange.. the only way to get rid, is if he changes the dial fronts.. to say, White or something.

So why do we care how Renault did it - you cant do it, without changing something on them..

Either getting new dial fronts.. or getting rid of the orange backing, like, I, uh, said.

172 M69 eater

i dunno if this makes a diff but i jus got this off metal-monkey.co.uk

"Some models backing colour will be limited by inbuilt Yellow/orange perspex plates behind dials. If you want Blue backings check for clear perspex."

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

yeh

i have clear perspex, and unless u uprate the bulbs to high brightness ones u got no chance in hell of getting them to light up well lol.

and daz was right i just read it wrong, but i am also right so im still happy :D