ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuner Vehicle Weight??

Clio RS 197
what every1 put in vehicle weight on the RSTuner software?

With how much fuel on the gauge?

I weight 100kg and say half tank of fuel.

Would 1550kg be about right for now?

Im going to go to a weight bridge.

I have also taken out back seats and have a much lighter exhaust.

182FF with cup packs
IIRC the kerb weight of a cliosport is about the 1100kg mark.

You can approximate at about 1kg per litre for fluids (thats for water, petrol is less dense (about .75kg per litre)) while oil is more dense.

So at the most you would be looking at the most 1250kg (1100 for the car, 100 for you, 20 for the petrol and an extra 30 for various fluids and other crap floating around in the car)

Though it depends on what you're using the readout for. If you want actual HP, the you'll need the true weight, but if you only want to work out percentage increases, then as long as the weight is always the same then the percentage increase will always be correct.

For example (and these numbers are totally made up) if you put 1500kg in as the weight and got a reading of 200bhp, then make some changes to the setup, do it again and get a reading of 210HP giving you a 10% increase. While the actual power figure may (will) be innacurate, the percentage it has increased by will be correct.

If you did the same runs as above but with a car wieght of 1250, you may get 180 for the first run and 188 for the second, but you will still know that you have an overall increase of 10%

Audi TT 3.2 V6
For example (and these numbers are totally made up) if you put 1500kg in as the weight and got a reading of 200bhp, then make some changes to the setup, do it again and get a reading of 210HP giving you a 10% increase. While the actual power figure may (will) be innacurate, the percentage it has increased by will be correct.

Without meaning to be pedantic. is it not a 5% increase based on them figures? :)

Clio RS 197
der!!!!!

i thought it weighted 1420kg!

Dont ask why cos i know it weighs 1240kg.

1240kg (CAR)
100kg (Me, and yes i do go to the gym weight lifting and so on lol).
15kg (20 Liters of fuel)
1355kg

PH1 172 Sport
I'm not sure how much the 197 weighs but if 1240kg is correct then thats about right. Don't worry about being 100kg i'm 95kg and i'm not fat or anything.

182FF with cup packs
Without meaning to be pedantic. is it not a 5% increase based on them figures? :)

Whoops :rasp: very true.

der!!!!!

i thought it weighted 1420kg!

Dont ask why cos i know it weighs 1240kg.

1240kg (CAR)
100kg (Me, and yes i do go to the gym weight lifting and so on lol).
15kg (20 Liters of fuel)
1355kg

Doh, I was quoting 172/182 figures. Should have noticed it was for 197.

Iceberg 172
Im going to go to a weigh bridge

I would say that's the only reliable way to get an accurate figure if you want to put any stock in the calculations. Too many approximated variables otherwise - you could be miles out.

Question is - how do you get access to a weighbridge? Are there public ones?