ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuner Performance Analyser guide

Since the latest release RSTuner comes with an integrated Performance Analyser (PA)

How to make a PA log
Using the PA is very simple. Start the PA by filling in the total vehicle weight and pressing the ‘activate PA mode’ button.
The PA is now activated and waits for the throttle WOT trigger to start collecting performance data.
Start driving and accelerate slowly to 3rd gear, now press the accelerator pedal to the floor from low revs down. When it is time to shift into higher gear release the accelerator pedal. PA will automatically abort collecting data and produce your performance measurement.

A quick step through on how to produce accurate results
- Correct total vehicle weight including fluids and driver weight.
- Flat road surface.
- No or little outside wind.

When it is windy perform 2 measurements in opposite direction. Your real performance will be in the middle of these 2 measurements.
The PA calculates power at the wheels , nothing more , nothing less.
Keep your eyes on the road at all times. The PA has an automatic throttle trigger for easy operation.

When used properly the PA results are accurate.

Have fun

accurate against what? Have you tested this vs a RR? Sounds interesting.

By lowdown revs what do you mean is 2k ok? or less?

Also does this measurement use sensorts or is it just speed, time and weight? Can you measure 0-60?

ps it feels like the new calibration file is pretty good although i feel the power stops at around 6k?

Last edited:
It is very close against a known good inertia RR, providing the right (outside) conditions are met.
Starting from 2K something is fine, you can measure 0-60 with the datalogger but we will add a timestamp to the Performance Analyser as well.
The performance atw is calculated from revs,speed,time,air-resistance and weight

Clio 182
Sorry for digging up an old thread. But would it be possible (well i guess it would be, because i had something like this for my Nissan 1000NX GTi) to add "Speed trial" in this performance analyser? Here is picture from Nissan Data Scan:
nds.jpg
I know it wouldn't take much time to add this in your software. Is it gonna be part of new "Vehicle Dynamics"? If so how much will it cost?

Thanks!