ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuner HELP!

FF Titanium 182
Followed the correct guide as provided on the site and this is the response i have reveived off henk today. Any ideas?

Hi Kyle,

Can you make a new one as your car is not picking up the chassis number. Its showing the old value of the previous car
that was programmed with the RSTuner.

Many thanks
Henk
That is the response after sending Henk my ECU screenshot information and VCI number

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Did you plug it into the car and then take the screenshot? He basically wants you to take the screenshot again as it didn't initialize correctly last time. Make sure you connect to the car all ok before you do the screenshots and VCI unlock number.

FF Titanium 182
Yeah mate plugged it in, then put ignition on etc. Followed all the steps etc. Thats why im a bit confused, how will i know if its initialized correctly this time what do i need to look out for thats xhanged?

FF Titanium 182
post a pic of the main screen after connection and the VCI unlock screen.

Yeah i think the VCI code i sent was fine he hasnt asked for that, so i have reconnected it and sent another one to him now of the main screen with the ECU information so fingers crossed!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Yeah i think the VCI code i sent was fine he hasnt asked for that, so i have reconnected it and sent another one to him now of the main screen with the ECU information so fingers crossed!
still post a copy on here. ECU may have been mapped already.

FF Titanium 182
This is the recent screenshot i sent.

RSTuner_ECUInfo_VF1CB220F34103240_zpseuofclux.gif

Golf Gti edition 30
Sorry to intrude on this post but i take it this has already got the 98 ron map on as just got a rs tuner from fastchips...
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 61
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
What am i looking for when i plug the car into the RSTuner to make sure ive done it correctly mate?
Pretty much what it shows on your screenshot. When you turn the ignition into the on position (not starting the car), then you click connect and it should do a few scans, then show you the screen you have posted.

Just to make sure, this isn't a new RSTuner is it? As you don't need to unlock a new one. It automatically locks to the first car its used on.

FF Titanium 182
Pretty much what it shows on your screenshot. When you turn the ignition into the on position (not starting the car), then you click connect and it should do a few scans, then show you the screen you have posted.

Just to make sure, this isn't a new RSTuner is it? As you don't need to unlock a new one. It automatically locks to the first car its used on.
Yeah im guessing the values on the screenshot will have changed somewhere along the line? Just wanna make sure i done it correctly.
Yeah is a new tuner as far as i know, my friend had it before so it was locked to his car? So i had to unlock it for mine?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Yeah im guessing the values on the screenshot will have changed somewhere along the line? Just wanna make sure i done it correctly.
Yeah is a new tuner as far as i know, my friend had it before so it was locked to his car? So i had to unlock it for mine?
If your friend had it before its not new :p

When you map the car, you will get a new entry in the map history marked as 'fastchip'. If that's what you mean?

FF Titanium 182
If your friend had it before its not new :tongueout:

When you map the car, you will get a new entry in the map history marked as 'fastchip'. If that's what you mean?

Ohh i thought you meant the new style RSTuner! Haha
And yeah basically just want to plug it in and know its all sweet before selling it back on

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Ohh i thought you meant the new style RSTuner! Haha
And yeah basically just want to plug it in and know its all sweet before selling it back on
you will know anyway as it will tell you if it was successful or not after writing :)

FF Titanium 182
Just quickly plugged the Tuner back in before i pack it up and post it and it read the DTC error ABS, code wont clear but i dont have any lights on the dash any ideas? Plugged in another ECU reader and that found nothing...

FF Titanium 182
Am i right in thinking that you cant clear it without the module but it doesnt matter anyway?