ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSport GRP N ECU Fitted

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Fillally got the last piece in my jigsaw yesterday and managed to get out for a quick blast.
Current spec. of car:

AWT Inlets
HillPower IK
Magnecor Leads & NGK Plugs
182 Manifold
K-Tec Sports Cat
Full Magnex
and finally....RSport Grp N ECU

I was well happy with it before the Grp N and to be honest wasn't expecting drastic changes in power but felt this was required to make best of the mods already done.
First impression is the 5k kick is less pronounced, i'm putting this down to the increase in mid range before the 5k kick. Increased idle makes for far smoother tickover and non-existant vibration from having the K-tec Dogbone mount.
Raised rev limit to 7850 is handy but most of the time the standard would have been fine.....just managed to clock 128mph in 4th before running out of road on my private driveway.
I will hopefully get it RR'd sometime in the future.

have heard of the group N ecu before , glad you like , would luv to see some figures but 128 in 4th is quite impressive for a 172 ;)

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
have heard of the group N ecu before , glad you like , would luv to see some figures but 128 in 4th is quite impressive for a 172 ;)
Running a sat nav previously I believe it to be running +5mph. I would be disappointed if it didn't make 180-190bhp, but from what I read you just never know:S

it always feels better on the road , comparing with other cars is one option , some RR will give you unrealistic figures . as long as it feels better than before , its money well spent ;)

Fillally got the last piece in my jigsaw yesterday and managed to get out for a quick blast.
Current spec. of car:

AWT Inlets
HillPower IK
Magnecor Leads & NGK Plugs
182 Manifold
K-Tec Sports Cat
Full Magnex
and finally....RSport Grp N ECU

I was well happy with it before the Grp N and to be honest wasn't expecting drastic changes in power but felt this was required to make best of the mods already done.
First impression is the 5k kick is less pronounced, i'm putting this down to the increase in mid range before the 5k kick. Increased idle makes for far smoother tickover and non-existant vibration from having the K-tec Dogbone mount.
Raised rev limit to 7850 is handy but most of the time the standard would have been fine.....just managed to clock 128mph in 4th before running out of road on my private driveway.
I will hopefully get it RR'd sometime in the future.

Heres hoping this is what i get :) :)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I love my R-sport ECU - the extra revs really help on track where you'd otherwise run out and need to change up a gear before just before a corner, you can hang on just a little bit longer and save a pintless change.

You've done similar things to me...would be interesting to see how yours performs on a RR.

Before I fitted my induction kit (home made Maxogen type thing) I was running at a consistent 178 at the fly...and from what I feel now, I think maybe early 180s. Will find out hopefully on 6 September.

I love my R-sport ECU - the extra revs really help on track where you'd otherwise run out and need to change up a gear before just before a corner, you can hang on just a little bit longer and save a pintless change.

You've done similar things to me...would be interesting to see how yours performs on a RR.

Before I fitted my induction kit (home made Maxogen type thing) I was running at a consistent 178 at the fly...and from what I feel now, I think maybe early 180s. Will find out hopefully on 6 September.

How has your gearbox held up Mark ?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It's been fine. I've never been one to rush changes as I don't 1/4 mile so I've been fairly gentle with it.

Also I heel/toe downchange so I'm never using the clutch or gearbox to slow the car down - I think that helps hugely.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
It's been fine. I've never been one to rush changes as I don't 1/4 mile so I've been fairly gentle with it.

Also I heel/toe downchange so I'm never using the clutch or gearbox to slow the car down - I think that helps hugely.

how that work??

Vw caddy tdi
R sprt wimbledon is that a main dealer?Do you have a contact num? Is their no chance of me getting one new mark? If no is their any way to identify it from other ecus part number or sumit that makes it distinct from others...

What mods was that with Mark ?

Focus RS Mk1
lmfao @ private driveway, lol, got me giggling that!

where did u get your map/ecu from matey?