ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs200 brakes

Clio rs200 e36 vert
Cars on just over 30,000 and brakes are somewhat scary bad they used be pretty sharp and responsive brake pads seem fine not had chance get them out and check them yet
just wanted some advice on how hard these brake pads are too change or if it's not the pads/discs what could be
oh btw hi in new :)

Lionel Richie
easy peasy IF AND ONLY IF the pins aren't seized, i'll bet you £1 your inner pad will be seized into the caliper, happens all the time because most garages idea of a service is to change the oil

Clio rs200 e36 vert
easy peasy IF AND ONLY IF the pins aren't seized, i'll bet you £1 your inner pad will be seized into the caliper, happens all the time because most garages idea of a service is to change the oil
Cheers for the response buddy is it an easy fix and something I can do on the drive or have I got to go in too renault and kick of lol

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
if you are suitably competent, then you will be fine.
its far from a hard job, the only time consuming task could be the pins if they have decided to put up a fight from coming out, but they do give way eventually.
if they come out okay, give them a decent clean up, clean out the pin holes and you will be fine. some people like to have a spare set of pins ready just incase the old ones take a battering to remove.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I've done 17k in my 200 now & have had the front calipers appart two times in that time. & the rears once (which were properly stuck on the N/S).

Easy enough job, just take your time, otherwise you'll f*ck the pins. sprayed some WD(or similar) on the pins the night before which seemed to help.