ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS192 experiences

320d
I'm looking for some owner reviews on the RS192. Basically I need an aftermarket system on for insurance purposes (its far cheaper).

The RS192 is a good price, if I had £500 I'd get a Yozza but I don't and I need an exhaust fast.

Does the RS192 drone at motorway speeds?

Are people happy with the fitment and quality?

i don't own one but a mate does and it sounds ok similar to my k-tec and that drones.

but have heard they are a nightmare to fit and line up.

182, 172 Track Shed
I got an RS192 and decat, the tailpipes dont line up exactly right and will almost certainly need some fiddling to get perfect

Superb noise when booting it, does tend to drone at around 80mph ish (motorway speeds), but this may be my decat, not sure if just the cat back system has this issue

Impreza Wagon
Sound - With decat fitted it gives a nice rumble on idle which isn't too intrusive. On motorway journeys it can drone a bit but it's still OK. Giving it some beans it sounds nice!
With the CAT fitted it's a bit louder than standard on idle and motorway journeys, great for everyday imo! When you put your foot down it still has a nice exhaust note.

Build Quality/Fitment - The build quality seems pretty good, all the welds are very neat. They come with a lifetime warranty and seem to be happy to replace an faulty parts. The fitment of the exhaust is a bit of a downer to be honest, it's fiddly to get lined up however looks really nice once straight.

For £299 in the group buy it's a good exhaust to replace a rusty standard one.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
with a decat it drones at around 2500 - 3200rpm, go above or below this and it's generally pretty civilised.

the problems I found with fitment was that the hangers on the rear back boxes were not in the right place. is a simple fix, prop the rear back boxes up so the tail pipes line with the bumper, tighten up all the clamps, fit the exhaust mounts to the chassic loosely, and bend the hangars into the right position.

20minutes of doing this my RS192 sat and ran perfectly for the entire time I owned the car.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
I cannot fault the system, yes it takes a bit of fiddling to get sitting perfect but its a great sounding system for a great price! Also sitting at 70 doesnt abuse the ears!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 182
Very pleased with mine.

I've got the cat back system. Gives a nice rumble on start up and idle. I find it only slightly louder than the standard exhaust when crusing but as said above gives a nice noise when you give it some stick.

Fitted it myself on the drive. Took about 4 hours (with help from my brother) but 3.5 of that was taken up cutting the old one out. Fitted very easily and lines up perfectly.

Recommended

I fitted one to my old 182. I thought it was alright, fitted ok after using some tie wraps.

New owners on here and he said the centre section is buggered already.

Didnt go for a ly in the end then?

I've got one brett. Have you not heard mine?

Mine's decatted and can drone a bit on the motorway but not much. Pretty decent all round sound.

the cat-centre fitting is crap though. Get a decent clamp and some fire-retarded silicone (none of that exhuast gum as it cracks, this stuff is soft and expands).

Lifetime warranty on them (first owner) so if the centre goes, they'll replace it.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
I really like mine, i don't think its too bad on the motorway to be honest and it does make a sweet sound when giving it some beans on a weekend blast ;)

Build quality i would question, i have a great big crack along the bottom of the centre silencer. E-mails scorpion and they were really helpfull and asked for pictures and if i had the original paper work. So I took the time to take pictures and videos, sent them off and told them i have the purchase receipt and they havent got back to me for over a week now :s when before they were replying in 1/2 days.

If anyone has had a bit replaced is there someone specific to e-mail so i can try someone specific?

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
a bracket on my centre section had a hairine crack and was vibrating at high rpm, i got in touch with Y&B and they sent a new centre section out straight away, i sent the faulty one back. No issues whatsoever

Basically I need an aftermarket system on for insurance purposes (its far cheaper)

Excuse me, and apologies for not having much to add, but how is it cheaper to insure a "modified car" now you have a "performance" exhaust rather than a standard one?

I don't know if you've spotted it but there's an RS192 group buy on at the moment. Utter bargain at £299 delivered if the "not as good as a yozza but much better than ktec/miltek" is true!

320d
Excuse me, and apologies for not having much to add, but how is it cheaper to insure a "modified car" now you have a "performance" exhaust rather than a standard one?

Exactly the same conversation I had with flux this morning, apparently I'm on a special modified policy so it has to be modded.

The difference was FIVE HUNDRED POUNDS!!! :eek:

Exactly the same conversation I had with flux this morning, apparently I'm on a special modified policy so it has to be modded.

The difference was FIVE HUNDRED POUNDS!!! :eek:

Bloody hell. I'll have to give flux a call next month when my insurance is close.

It's still silly money on the quotes I've got considering Im 22 :(

Mines £1100...

I've ordered an RS192, should be here tomorrow :)

Guess thats not bad then. Looking at a bit more with Admiral Group, with 3 points and exhaust.

Trophy, is £300 more than a ph1, £200 more than a cup, and £100 more than a standard 182. No idea where they pulled them figures from.

Get a clamp from somewhere too, as they don't provide the cat/centre section one.

I don't know if you've spotted it but there's an RS192 group buy on at the moment. Utter bargain at £299 delivered if the "not as good as a yozza but much better than ktec/miltek" is true!

Ive not spotted it no, can you please post a link to the thread please?

182 Ly ff.
Ive not spotted it no, can you please post a link to the thread please?

Go on for marketplace then group buy and it's 'group buy 3'! I'm organising it, will put ya name down if you want? Think we r up 2 9, so 1 more needed!!!