ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS tuner question

Clio 182
Hi

I have heard about these but want some more infomation on it and where can I get one from?

Cheers

Jon

Clio 182
Ok, I heard there was a group buy for this as Im interested in getting one. How much is it in the group buy? Will it inclued the OBD cable or is there anything else I will need? Also, how many different maps are there avaliable?

Cheers

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
The kit provides you all you need to hook it up and remap your car.

The amount of Maps there are depends on what software you have on your 182, easy to find out when you plug in the RS Tuner box, but usually there is a Group N and a 98RON map.

As for the group buy yes there is one and your looking at around £160 - £170, BUT you would need to sign up on the forum and pay your £10 membership fee to take part (TBH the membership fee is well worth it as there are plenty of discounts to be had)

172 cup
you need to pay to be a full member to be involved in the GB, lets just say the saving is greater then the membership cost ;)

Clio 182
Ok, im a club member now! Just want answers to a couple of questions as have just really got looking at this RS tuner today:

1)I know it will come with some maps that I can load into my ecu, without a rolling road, can I map my car my self? I have never really done much like this before so am new to this.

2) Are there free maps avaliable from anyone on the forum who has one and may have the same set up on their car as me? ie i have a miltek exhaust system and ITG carbon induction kit on my 182. What would be the best thing to do for my car?

3) i have heard of people sending there maps to fastchip for a custom map or something? What is this?

Any info will help as I just want some more details before confirming for the group buy.

Cheers

Jon

172 cup
rite, you dont map the car yourself but you load up a map that has already been altered. As regards to a custom map,at any point you can pay around £50 for a custom map, which involves you doing a data log with rs tuner attached (like a power run) then you send it to henk and he writes you a map, which he then sends you for you to load up. Hope this helps

Ok, im a club member now! Just want answers to a couple of questions as have just really got looking at this RS tuner today:

1)I know it will come with some maps that I can load into my ecu, without a rolling road, can I map my car my self? I have never really done much like this before so am new to this.

2) Are there free maps avaliable from anyone on the forum who has one and may have the same set up on their car as me? ie i have a miltek exhaust system and ITG carbon induction kit on my 182. What would be the best thing to do for my car?

3) i have heard of people sending there maps to fastchip for a custom map or something? What is this?

Any info will help as I just want some more details before confirming for the group buy.

Cheers

Jon

1) No need to. Performance .cals can be downloaded for free.
2) The built-in datalogger will show if your car will benefit from another calibration (map).
3) http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=333395

Insignia SRi
You should get one, its one of the best mods iv done for mine!!! Combine it with matched inlets, zorst and panel filter etc and you'll have a weapon!!! lol

Clio 182
Ok, So iI will get a noticable gain in performance with maps that can be downloaded for free? Where do I get the downloads for free?

Cheers