ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rs tuner or a custom map?

RB 182
looking at mapping my car for better driveabilty and just wondered what peoples thoughts were between using an rs tuner or getting an actual custom map?

monaco 172
To be fair though the rs tuner isn't a bad map on a near standard car. Much better warm up behaviour and slightly better power band. Plus the added bonus of a basic but upgradable diagnostics kit.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Agreed. But a live map will be better suited to each individual car.

I don't have to bang on about why a live map is better as i'm sure you will know :)

Is the ecu still locked after the tuner is used? Is the back up from henk still borderline awful?

monaco 172
I was having a look on his site the other day and there was a bit in bold that said maps are not locked unless requested by the user to stop dealers overriding the map.

Yeh I get the whole live map thing especially if the cars got proper upgrades like cams etc.

Also, im pretty sure the stock ecu can't be live mapped on these :wink:

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I was having a look on his site the other day and there was a bit in bold that said maps are not locked unless requested by the user to stop dealers overriding the map.

Yeh I get the whole live map thing especially if the cars got proper upgrades like cams etc.

Pretty sure they can?

@bloke

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

on the rollers seeing what the car is doing. Yeah that's where my money would go.