ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rs tuner help....

172 +Scenic sport
bought a rs tuner now am so confused........ what exactly do i need to 2 do just buy the .cal file or do i first need 2 download the rst OEM file first?????? HELP!!!!!!!

106GTI / NovaC20LET
email fastchips or search website for info i emailed them before for some info on it and they replied quite quickly.

172 +Scenic sport
yeah i have and got a arsy email back saying read the instrutions, which by the looks of things dont help u understand which files u need to buy. i thought i needed the the performance .cal file but now their saying i need another .rst file 1st = more money lol

106GTI / NovaC20LET
sounds like a bit of a arse, he not heard of cutomer service!? maybe ill just get mine mapped at a garage instead

172 +Scenic sport
im all connected and backed up my rst and cal files, just dunno which new files to buy thanks if u can help bigup7

Fiesta ST3
assuming you have a 172! if you have a 182 then do not use the below files!

right, you need to update the RST to latest version.

use this one: http://www.fastchip.nl/Clio-2-OEM/rst_6500_5404_OEM_download-link/Detailed-product-flyer.html

Click on the link and download its free, use WRITE ECU button for this, takes 30mins or so.

Then once done, you will have to buy the performance cal : http://www.fastchip.nl/Clio-2/cal_6500_5404_RON98/Detailed-product-flyer.html (use write CAL for this and takes about 2 mins to flash)

this matches the RST so you should be good to go.

i would recommend you have a battery charger fitted on your battery or go for a spin before you attempt to write the ecu, just incase as you don't want the battery to die half way through

Fiesta ST3
thanks m8 ur already more helpful than they have been lol

as long as you have a backup, you can always go back to stock.

once you get ya head around it its really very simple to use, so update your ECU/RST to latest version, then buy the perfomance cal and use that to update it.

you will feel an instant change when you drive.

172 +Scenic sport
yeah got it sorted, u were a massive help bigup7 really appreciate it! Still bit undecided about the product tho, does seem 2 have more power low down the revs but not sure if im liking the change yet. Does seem smoother aswell tho, MPG seems to have dropped but i have 2 get a few more miles done to get a better idea

Fiesta ST3
yeah got it sorted, u were a massive help bigup7 really appreciate it! Still bit undecided about the product tho, does seem 2 have more power low down the revs but not sure if im liking the change yet. Does seem smoother aswell tho, MPG seems to have dropped but i have 2 get a few more miles done to get a better idea

no probs mate

i think the ecu needs time to make the adjustment and learn, give it a few weeks and see how you get on

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Hmmmm

Got mine today, just bough the unlock code for it. Mainly got mine as my Cup seems to idle quite low, lower than my pervious 182/172 Cup. Anything else is a bonus to me!