ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs tuner Help Please

172 Cup
Hello, So im on putting the rs tuner on my car (172 cup) backed up the ecu and went to write ecu when the not ok caution came up see pic, ive read a thread where people say it just needs updating to the newer version is the picture ive posted the part where I update it and carry on?

Thanks for any help.

rs tuner not ok caution.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah mate just carry on iirc, it's like a disclaimer in case it blows up which I'm sure it won't lol. Pm martin182 :)

I would personally not write that file and contact Henk.

Also i doubt it will write with the fault codes present.

Could be wrong though!!

I have heard of folk just writing the 8200 7804 over the 6500 and 7300. did you buy the map from fastchip?

172 Cup
Yeah bought straight from henk, I've emailed him to just make sure before I doing anything else, new map sensors coming tomorrow so can sort that at the same time the other ones just the O2 sensor because of the decat.

Im waiting to be corrected too ;)

I always thought that 8200 7804 was the cal for the 182?

All the ones ive done before have been

6400 > 6500
7300 with an updated version of the 7300 but as CAL only
8000/8100 7802 > 8200 7804

Just had a quick search and people have wrote over 7300 with 8200, not telling you to do it as i don't want to be at fault. And tbh there is only one chap who can say yes or no and thats Henk

I need to buy a new rstuner tbh to see whats right and whats not.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I vaguely remember seeing that message when I did mine, I maybe mistaken though. Wait for henk

Replied. Thanks for sending the email. NEVER ignore the warning as you can end up walking instead of driving...