ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner help- driver won't install on Vista

172DD Cup
hi, i've borrowed a laptop running vista and the driver won't install. the driver won't install automatically so i've attempted manually and after locating the driver and clicking next i get:

Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software to your device.
Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.
Fastchip Canfire Board.
The system cannot find the specified file.

i tried it on a pc running xp and it installed fine first time. apart from wiping my friends laptop and putting xp on it :evil: is there anything i can do to fix this?

CBR1K, F21 125D
right-click the icon for the program, click Properties, and then click the Compatibility tab ?

Black Gold Trophy
Now having the exact same problem, did you ever solve this?

The driver wont install even in admin mode

Black Gold Trophy
Well the only help I can offer others is don't bother contacting Henk at fastchip for help. He fobs you off with stupid excuses like the VCI came out before vista and hence there isn't a driver for it (even though it was working on my old laptop running vista fine) and then when he's had enough of you he just blocks your account on the fastchip site (that's after you have to open new support tickets because he closed the previous one without a solution).

If he just turned around and said "sorry mate. I really don't have a clue, I can't help you" that would be fair enough, but I really get a sense of he could help but he just can't be bothered.

Same experience here, unfortunately. Got the Kit, just needed the software files which need to be provided by Henk / FastChip via email and I never got them. It's true that my car had the older factory software in it so the process was not going to be silky smooth but instead of working to resolve the issue, Henk just started sending me canned responses ("please return the kit" etc.) and basically stopped communicating. Exactly the same feeling that he just couldn't be bothered.

Which is a shame because I believe that when the Kit starts working, it works well. Henk also used to have a reputation of generally being helpful. Something must have changed..