ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner done car feels slower

Clio 182
Anyone else had this?
Remapped with the supplied 98ron map and it feels pretty horrid to be fair, lower torque hasnt improved and the 5k kick remains but the car seems to be struggling to rev compaired to before the map :(
What could be causing this ? the car does smell of petrol

Going to keep the map on till sat and if no improvement go back to stock

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Try again, did you have a charger fitted to battery?

If it again feels like it and smells of fuel then fit a new pre cat lambda

Clio 182
Thanks for the reply,
Do both the full ecu and the cal file again ?
It wasn't connected to a charger at the time, the charger i have is only 4amp would this be enough ?

Will give that a go first, the pre cat lambda was only changed 10months ago so hoping its not that again.

Clio 182
Its the one Henk from Fastchips supplied using the ecu screen grab from the RS tuner software so i would hope its correct :)

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair, it doesn't make a massive difference.
Mine felt quicker before the map but was very lumpy when cold, which the map has improved a lot.
Has the cold idle raised to 1100rpm and then drop to 1000?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
It should make a big enough difference to notice, I could certainly tell when I did mine.

As said, 1100 rpm on cold start up, 950 rpm when warm if it's worked.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Any fault codes/warning lights on? Mine held back far more noticeably with RSTuner map on it with the EML lit compared to when the car wasn't mapped. My front lambda is intermittently refusing to give a sensible reading, it's obviously dying so could be the same issue you're having.

Clio 182
Idle is around 950rpm and does seem a little smoother still has a little splutter tho.
Yeah I'm always running it on 98 :)
Only fault code that showed was an historic abs one