ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rs stamped inlets confusion

phase 1 172
from what i cam gather the 182 came with stamped inpets which didnt quite fit 172 head

i have a set of rs stamped inlet from a 172 cup (cups i believe where mostly rs stamped)

so do the cups have a different rs stamped inlet than the 182 or is it the same?

reason i ask is i was going to send my ph1 inets of for matching but the rs stamped inlets are a better match

my cups injects have also covered circa 40k less too and they are still in the inlet

what works involved in fitting this rs stamped inlet on.my ph1 or would be better off whipping off the ph1 inlets for matching?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, you can fit the RS stamped lower to the phase 1 but you will still need the upper phase 1 with it

phase 1 172
i have everything cor the ph1 its still up and running

so the stamped lower from the cup will bolt straight onto the ph1 head?

any benefit in sending the ph1 uppers off for matching

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
yes will bolt straight to phase 1 head and upper, like for like replacement.

tbh if I was matching I would send both the phase 1 bits off and just sell the RS stamped one.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you are matching the only advantage in the RS stamped ones is that less material needs to be taken out as they are better to start with.

phase 1 172
i was looking at these as a alternative to matching since i had them anyhow

surely the ph1 upper will need to.be matched to the rs lower or theres going to be a hell of a bottle neck

and if im having one matched i might aswell do both

only other option is tying to fit the tb the rs upper

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The normal upper generally lines up not too bad on the RS inlet lower, but if yours doesnt then yes you will need both matched.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
My non cup 172 has them, I doubt any previous owners put them on,
everything on it was standard when I bought it.

Certainly not standard spec for that car, but it does appear from a few similar things on here that at the factory if they ran out of one thing they just used something else instead, lol.

phase 1 172
its a 2003 onwards thing i believe so cups non cups then 182s

the rs uppers are a good match for sure but id have to have a spy at the ph1

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
its a 2003 onwards thing i believe so cups non cups then 182s

the rs uppers are a good match for sure but id have to have a spy at the ph1

They did the same with the bottom arms. Changed the specs on all cars to match cups.
didnt know they did the inlets too though.

Renault Clio182 bean
I removed my upper and lower inlets this evening, the lower inlet is RS stamped, and after measuring the port on the head and then the corresponding port on the manifold using a internal vernier caliper, I concluded that the ports on the lower inlet were around 1-2mm smaller all the way around the port than on the head and the casting is w**k, so there are gains to be had. I will be matching them tomorrow, obviously leaving the lower inlet ports ever so slightly smaller to avoid any steps facing the airflow :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
My 2003 172 had the lower inlet RS stamped - doubt it was modified in any way it had 17k miles on it when I bought it in 2007