ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS stamped inlet

clio 172
I've just bought an RS stamped inlet manifold, does this mean I don't need to match them because they are already bigger then the standard one I will be replacing!
I am matching the top inlets also and then painting before refitting

Golf GT & A4 Avant
the RS is much better than standard, I had my RS manifolds done and TBH not a lot more material was removed.

clio 172
An yeah? That's what I needed to know,thanks for the info!
Anyone else?
Also, when matching, do the ports in the actual head need enlarging too?

Monaco Clio 172
no i think you just match the inlet manifold to the head. What will you be using to do this? i just got me some engineers blue to mark it up but not sure what tools to use for the best results

2014 Clio 200t edc
Sorry to ask, but what's the difference between a stamped inlet and a non stamped? Where is the stamp please?

172 cup
It's the lower one that is stamped on the underside of it. Big letters just above where the injectors go into it.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
don't need to take the guard off, although it does make it easier, use a mirror and torch and you'll soon see if you have, the two middle inlet tracks are stamped with a 2" 'R' and 'S'.

They were generally on all 182's, and quite a few of the later 172's. They flow much better than the standard inlets as the cast is not so restrictive. I have a set of upper and lower RS stamped inlets in the shed if anyone wants to buy them

Seat Ibiza
Oooooh, i'll have a look later then. Mine is a late (2004) 172. It'll put a smile on my face if I have one tbf as I this was one of the things I wanted to mod :)

Knowing my luck I won't have one now!!!