ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rs owners...who insures you?

my policy is up for renewal, i am with egg as direct line, esure, rsa wont insure me! 7 years ncd, 3 points for speeding, paid £490 last year

172 Race Car
HIC for me, track cover included, all mods declared.
Rang up to say id fitted coilovers and the guy said

'thats fine, you already have lowering springs on your policy so i'll just change the wording on there no probs'

Most companys ive been with before have wanted a 25 quid admin fee minimum for any changes.

A friend of mine was with Greenlight, had to claim and it took ages. I was with Tesco in the past and they were superb for price and service when someone hit me

182, Milltek
Brentacre (recommended by someone on here). Great price, can do ANY mods up to 190bhp, unlimited Europe cover, didn't care about my recently aquired points, really good small scale feel over the phone.

PH1 172
Greenlight

All mods declared like for like, each track day insurance is a set £50. If you add more mods to the policy they will charge £25 but that doesn't increase if you add more than 1 mod each time so add as many mods as possible and only pay one fee.

Also with Fully Comp insurance you get a company called One Call/Angel to help you out with non fault claims so that you don't need to go through your own insurers and pay excess and ruin your NCB :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
just got a quite with them and its £50 cheaper... whoop. what are they like on mods tho

anyone got a link for brentrace ?

Golf
Just done a quote with HIC, £200 cheaper but it does say that thats a basic price and may change when a answer more questions on the phone.... Hopefully it doesnt :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
£480 FC inc. business use with Adrian Flux, HIC (being the same company) were the same. Would have been £1800 if i i had wanted the 'free' track cover lol, they neglect to mention that only 2 of their insurers will do it ... and they're the most expensive ones, so its not free at all .... :rolleyes:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
HIC for me, track cover included, all mods declared.
Rang up to say id fitted coilovers and the guy said

'thats fine, you already have lowering springs on your policy so i'll just change the wording on there no probs'

Most companys ive been with before have wanted a 25 quid admin fee minimum for any changes.

A friend of mine was with Greenlight, had to claim and it took ages. I was with Tesco in the past and they were superb for price and service when someone hit me

HIC are the same with me...

"Did I tell you I've now got 4 different sets of wheels, can't say which one's I run though as I chop and change depending on the weather?"

"No problem - I've just added aftermarket wheels as a note...no extya charge".