ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs inlet v matched inlets v diy inlets

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
I been searching and answers range from its awesome gives you 8bhp to total waste of money.most of the threads are 6 years old
So what is the deal do matched inlets really give more power ?
How good is the rs inlet over standard and is diy matching worth a try or should it be left to the pros.

I've not worked out how to tag members or I would of tagged my fourm hero's.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I been searching and answers range from its awesome gives you 8bhp to total waste of money.most of the threads are 6 years old
So what is the deal do matched inlets really give more power ?
How good is the rs inlet over standard and is diy matching worth a try or should it be left to the pros.

I've not worked out how to tag members or I would of tagged my fourm hero's.
Simple answer - no. Nothing anywhere noticeable mate.

To mention someone put @ in front of their username.

@RichieJA :wink:

dan's cast offs.
if you're going to do it upper needs doweling to the lower and lower to the head, two dowels on each, and match to each other not the gasket.

dan's cast offs.
For a 2bhp gain.

am still a bit skeptical on matching and gains but have seen a couple of cars giving decent figures on pretty much standard set up with matched inlets but with the variation on the clio anyway only way to tell real gains would be a back to back power run.

think if you were really really really lucky you might get 4-5bhp.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
So there just not worth 210quid, I seen an rs inlet for 30 quid on eBay what's your thinking on that for gains ?
I don't have the skills to diy match them but my friend does and I just wired his new kitchen in so he owes for a favour, but don't want the car off the road ATM as I just sold my 159 and looking for diesel daily

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
So there just not worth 210quid, I seen an rs inlet for 30 quid on eBay what's your thinking on that for gains ?
I don't have the skills to diy match them but my friend does and I just wired his new kitchen in so he owes for a favour, but don't want the car off the road ATM as I just sold my 159 and looking for diesel daily

That was 4bhp gain without any mapping, you're not going to get any significant power increases without spending hundreds on it.

Best thing to do with Clio's is weight reduction as that's free.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
That was 4bhp gain without any mapping, you're not going to get any significant power increases without spending hundreds on it.

Best thing to do with Clio's is weight reduction as that's free.
On that note I took my spare wheel out and put the back thick cardboard bit off the back of a set of old drawers over the hole its strong enough to support a bag of shopping at least I reckon that's a good 10kg saved

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Decided if I can get a rs lower inlet for less than 30 posted I'll fit that I'll leave the matched inlets

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
@RichieJA I'll have a set of K-tec matched inlets for sale shortly.

On my 172 with the following mods, it made 179.1 on a RR

Fatty induction kit
Matched inlets
182 manifold
decat
sportex cat back

phase 2 five turbo
Simple, the better you can make the engine breath and exhaust the more responsive it will be. Maybe no big figures but it all helps. :)