ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS day Oulton 15/4/16 discussion

So just got back from a great day at Oulton. Loads of top guys and gals and the etiquette on track was fantastic. I only lasted till 12:30 before I got black flagged and my day was over, my brand new HC discs and OE Brembo pads literally set on fire on track and where giving off loads of sparks so the marshals where saying, metal on metal after only the morning. Got some really clean and fast laps in as did my pal. With decent brakes the 182 will be epic even in standard guise.

If anyone has any vids of my car on track that would be great, 182 Titanium FF, PN04...:up:

Edit: 15/04/16...mods please change in header.😊

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
@JB21 were you in the garage next to me? 23 I think?

A Marshall mentioned something about brakes shitting themselves but I didn't know it ended your day!

I was having brake problems too. I need to find out what was causing the really bad judder at speed. It got so bad I could barely get it into gear while braking lol

All in though it was an ace day.

The Meg cup s was great, but I couldn't help but think it was different from the trophy r last year.

The ns2rs were brilliant on the front too. I played with pressures this time and had a right laugh. I need a full set of them now haha.

I had fun sliding through the hizzys too thanks to @p@blo giving me a bit of coaching

Cheers @JamesBryan for the ride too!

M135i, 197 turbo
Good day. Car went well in the morning then found out all the reviews that said Parada Spec 2 are useless in the wet were true... Need to get some better tyres for next time.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Gutted. I was off today and if I'd of known this was on then I would of popped across :(

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
@JB21 were you in the garage next to me? 23 I think?

A Marshall mentioned something about brakes shitting themselves but I didn't know it ended your day!

I was having brake problems too. I need to find out what was causing the really bad judder at speed. It got so bad I could barely get it into gear while braking lol

All in though it was an ace day.

The Meg cup s was great, but I couldn't help but think it was different from the trophy r last year.

The ns2rs were brilliant on the front too. I played with pressures this time and had a right laugh. I need a full set of them now haha.

I had fun sliding through the hizzys too thanks to @p@blo giving me a bit of coaching

Sorry I didn't take you out again. Me and my brother had passengers queuing up lol

@Knuckles yeah that was me mate, brake judder hey...nightmare on track. You should have popped over as I had a dial test indicator to check for disc/hub run out. Got a similar issue with my Mondeo atm. Didn't even realise it was you either next door. Me and my pal was saying your's was really nice and love the colour. Some sexy cars there today though.

Shame about the brakes mate.

Carbone Lorraine RC5 pads next :wink:
Hopefully my 4 pots with ds3000s will be working now I've sorted the abs rings. They will be epic on track compared to OE spec. I was constantly nervous on them today and had no confidence in there performance what so ever so braking really suffered today. They literally started to fade after half a lap.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Gutted. I was off today and if I'd of known this was on then I would of popped across 😧

It's not like there's been a thread on it for months or anything :blush:

Sorry I didn't take you out again. Me and my brother had passengers queuing up lol

It's no bother at all.
You can see why you're in demand lol

My mate loved the ride in your brothers car!

@Knuckles yeah that was me mate, brake judder hey...nightmare on track. You should have popped over as I had a dial test indicator to check for disc/hub run out. Got a similar issue with my Mondeo atm. Didn't even realise it was you either next door. Me and my pal was saying your's was really nice and love the colour. Some sexy cars there today though.

Did you have the same problem, judders over 70mph/ under heavy braking?

The discs should be fine with them being fairly new but I'll give them a check with a dti anyway cheers

Cheers :smile: were Yous the two who came to chat with me about the spoiler and 225 width tyres (among other things lol)?

I love mine and @Hawk182 cars together

Not the best pic but Ly ftw
image.jpeg

Nah not us mate on the spoiler. I just have wheel wobble at 70, braking is fine. Could be so many things I'm resigned to just living with it for now. Different if it's effecting your braking though.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
@JB21

I drove the cup s in the morning and though the same felt very under powered, the trophy R last year was a weapon but this just felt strange.

My brakes felt fine all day but at the end of the day when I was changing my wheels over I noticed my pads were almost none existent about 1-2mm of material left and crumbly and my piston rubber seal had melted 😧 lucky I had a spare set of standard pads to get me home.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I drove the cup s in the morning and though the same felt very under powered, the trophy R last year was a weapon but this just felt strange.

I was saying to people that I'm not sure whether it was just a newer/unbroken in car or whether it was a different suspension set up but it just didn't feel as 'fluid' for lack of a better word than the trophy R

I'm using all standard discs, pads and fluid now.

Discs and were done last August and have seen little use since and the fluid was changed in Nov with the last service

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

My brakes felt fine all day but at the end of the day when I was changing my wheels over I noticed my pads were almost none existent about 1-2mm of material left and crumbly and my piston rubber seal had melted 😧 lucky I had a spare set of standard pads to get me home.

I knew that piston rewind tool would come in handy Mark.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I was saying to people that I'm not sure whether it was just a newer/unbroken in car or whether it was a different suspension set up but it just didn't feel as 'fluid' for lack of a better word than the trophy R

I'm using all standard discs, pads and fluid now.

Discs and were done last August and have seen little use since and the fluid was changed in Nov with the last service

I was finding that it did not want to rev freely when coming out of corners, last year in the R it felt like it just wanted to launch itself forward this did not.

When I was using DS2500 halfway through the pad I had a vibration through the wheels when braking hard, stripped the calipers re-greased the slider pins and it still did it so I put it down to the play in the slider pins and did not worry about it as they worded fine but when I replaced them with RC6 the vibration has never come back so it was something to do with the pad.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I was finding that it did not want to rev freely when coming out of corners, last year in the R it felt like it just wanted to launch itself forward this did not.

When I was using DS2500 halfway through the pad I had a vibration through the wheels when braking hard, stripped the calipers re-greased the slider pins and it still did it so I put it down to the play in the slider pins and did not worry about it as they worded fine but when I replaced them with RC6 the vibration has never come back so it was something to do with the pad.

I'll check my spare pads against the ones on the car to see how much they're Worn.

If it carries on, and turns out to be because of lower pad material, how can it be rectified? More fluid?

I'll take a spare set of pads to blyton then to see if it carries on.

I can't really safely try and recreate the situation on the road lol

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Saw a Meg 275 Trophy heading towards Oulton yesterday so assumed something was going down.

Also a new grey Focus RS, guessing that didn't show up though lol.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The focus was my mates car, he was going to come up with me but he wanted to get some miles on his to get it run in.

Your car is epic, is it a cup racer or modified road car?

You were following me for a bit then I was following you after I let you past in the 275.

There was little difference and I was in a more powerful car lol!

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
The focus was my mates car, he was going to come up with me but he wanted to get some miles on his to get it run in.

Must admit I had to double take to see that it was actually an RS. A lot more subtle than the last one!