ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS 200 engine overheating

Clio RS 200
Hi All,
My clio RS 200 engine is overheating, after looking into it we found the radiator fan is not blowing. Where can I get radiator Fan and resister ? unfortunely I coudn't found neither in k-tecracing nor on ebay

Clio 182
Are the hoses going to the radiator even hot?
Is the radiator hot?

I'd check the thermostat isn't blocked or the coolant sensor isn't throwing you a red herring.

More info required please.
Is it boiling over?

Clio RS 200
Are the hoses going to the radiator even hot?
Is the radiator hot?

I'd check the thermostat isn't blocked or the coolant sensor isn't throwing you a red herring.

More info required please.
Is it boiling over?
its hot, once I got the overheating alarm I directly stopped to I didn't allow it to heat that much, then I stopped the car temp gauge was almost in the middle, raditor was boiling and I could clearly hear strange sound coming out of the fan even when the engine is off "like its trying to rotate but its not rotating" . Then I filled the coolant on the car and drove it for almost 50 km ( without AC ) it great the temp was normal. The other morning I checked the raditor if its leaking or not but I found it not leaking. I started the car and traveled for almost 30 km and it was running perfectly without AC. when I switched the AC on it overheat again

Clio 182
so you were driving around with low coolant and it over heated?

You refilled it but did you check for air locks and has it been bled of the coolant was very low.

Clio RS 200
so you were driving around with low coolant and it over heated?

You refilled it but did you check for air locks and has it been bled of the coolant was very low.
No, It was normal above the low level indicator so I filled it upto max level indicator to check if its reduces or not. I did not check for air locks

Clio 182
If it didn't run dry then it shouldn't be airlocked.

Turning the ac on will call for the fan to run.
What does the fan do when you request ac?

Clio RS 200
If it didn't run dry then it shouldn't be airlocked.

Turning the ac on will call for the fan to run.
What does the fan do when you request ac?
Strange sound comes out of the fan as its trying to rotate but it doesn't, then I tried to push it to rotate by rotating the fan with a stick but sill it doesn't rotate. but its clearly showing thats there is electrical power on it

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Euro Car Parts, GSF, Renault themselves or a scrapyard if you want to save money would seem like the best places to try and find what you need.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I'd be looking a little deeper into this. Unless you're sitting stationery for a very long time, it shouldn't overheat regardless of the fan not working. General driving shouldn't cause an engine to overheat.

Clio RS 200
If his name is anything to go buy he could be loacted in the middle east and temperatures are obviously a LOT higher there.
exactly, I'm from the middle east. The temp here on summer is +50 °C ( +122 °F ). Nowadays its cooling the temp is between 35 °C to 45 °C