ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rough idle and engine light

Hello,

After some help please. Carried out a oil, oil filter, coolant and plug change on my wifes 2004 Clio 182. Filled up and took it out for a spin last night. All fine. This morning the idle was very rough. Tried to pull out the street and the engine light came on and it was struggling to rev. So back to the drive and swapped the car.

Just got back home and turned it over. All fine again.

Any ideas? Only difference between now and this morning is the temperature.

Thanks

Yeah correct plugs. Got them as part of a kit from NE performance. Number also matched what I took off.

Just found it strange how it's fine when it's warmer.

Right managed to find time to take a look. Popped the plugs out. All looked clean except for number 1(closest the battery). This looked dirty. Refitted and torques to 25nm. All back together, took the HT leads of the coil pack one by one and refitted. Still the Same.

So unplugged number 1 and restarted. Seemed like no difference. Unplugged the others and their was a difference.

Is it possible one of the new plugs is faulty? Going to pop it out tomorrow and refit one of the old ones....if I can find it.

Got a new plug from local reno dealer (£19 ouch) as I realised I binned the old plugs :( Fitted and it seems better but still not 100%. Wifes just been out and she says its still a bit lumpy when at junctions.

Anyone got any ideas? Could it be more iffy plugs? Be shocked if its the coil pack as everything was running ok before I did the service :(