ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roof rails for a 182

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Just bought a new bike, don't want a dirty bike in my car.
Wondered if anyone has any roof rail recommendations that (almost)definitely won't mark the paint or be too much hassle to fit!

So if people can do brand recommendation (Thule vs genuine Renault) and personal experience that would be awesome, thanks in advance [emoji5]

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd be amazed if you could tell the difference between the Renault and the Thule ones by attaching them to the roof.

They're going to fit in the same place.

I've used Thule for years. Clean the paintwork where it sits on and then fit & forget. If you're really bothered, put a bit of 3M helitape-type-stuff on the paint where the feet will touch :up:

14585085767_6a21766b25_c.jpg

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Genuine Renault have suited me fine. If i was concerned by paint I would buy some clear vinyl and stick them under where you mount them.

ETA too slow on vinyl , and mine had some serious weight on with no marks left.
20170909_104023.jpg

Last edited:

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Thanks both, seems that they both do as good a job, I think you're right about the helitape and will invest in some of that too. Genuine Renault seems hard(er) to come by, but cheaper on the secondhand market than Thule, so maybe I'll hold out for some Renault ones appearing on here!
Many thanks again [emoji1303]