ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling road day

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
These don't appear anymore.
Why?

Are RStuning still going?!

We should arrange. I vote for Jim (Leeds_182), because he isn't in Leeds and doesn't own a 182.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
There's a few issues with organising a rolling road day at rs tuning;

1) You need someone to organise it (yorks doesn't have a rep).

2) You need about 10 people to commit at least (average yorks meets have around 3 people in attendance).

3) You need to pay a deposit (Yorkshire people are tight).

Other than that it should be plain sailing.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
There's a few issues with organising a rolling road day at rs tuning;

1) You need someone to organise it (yorks doesn't have a rep).

2) You need about 10 people to commit at least (average yorks meets have around 3 people in attendance).

3) You need to pay a deposit (Yorkshire people are tight).

Other than that it should be plain sailing.

This is spot on.

The biggest problem is someone needs to arrange to get 10 people to pay a £5 deposit, so you arrange a day, let everyone know, pester people for the money for the deposit and then 2 weeks later when everyone has paid you and you call to book RSTuning is no longer available that day.

You need the NE or NW lot to join to make it worth doing and possible.

I'd like to see RSTuning offer a CS RR day once a year, I reckon it would get a decent turn out if it was run by them and it stops the deposit issues if run by one of us.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
This is spot on.

The biggest problem is someone needs to arrange to get 10 people to pay a £5 deposit, so you arrange a day, let everyone know, pester people for the money for the deposit and then 2 weeks later when everyone has paid you and you call to book RSTuning is no longer available that day.

You need the NE or NW lot to join to make it worth doing and possible.

I'd like to see RSTuning offer a CS RR day once a year, I reckon it would get a decent turn out if it was run by them and it stops the deposit issues if run by one of us.

That's an awesome idea. I think it's a good overall health check of the engine too. If you're significantly down on a previous year then you know something is up.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
If you pm Sam (Bonxy) from the NE area, he's thinking of arranging an RR day at RST for the north east lot in november, we've done it in november there for the last 3 years running and always get a decent turn out, even some of the NW chaps come over

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I tried it last year and it fell flat on its face. There are too many messers to organise anything.

I'd be up for one at rs tuning.

Lol, You've just been on!

Just want to add to this. I organsed on last year at RSTuning and have just done one at EFI on sunday, both had turnouts of over 20 cars and was fairly simple to organise. If anyone is looking at doing it for yorkshire, but wanted some help I don't mind coming and helping out with the organisation of the day etc.

Once you get your deposits numbers will build up then. Oh yeah, don't organise it 2 weeks before as well. Give people time to decide if they want to come or not, just make sure you get your deposits paid to guarantee the day.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol, You've just been on!

Just want to add to this. I organsed on last year at RSTuning and have just done one at EFI on sunday, both had turnouts of over 20 cars and was fairly simple to organise. If anyone is looking at doing it for yorkshire, but wanted some help I don't mind coming and helping out with the organisation of the day etc.

Once you get your deposits numbers will build up then. Oh yeah, don't organise it 2 weeks before as well. Give people time to decide if they want to come or not, just make sure you get your deposits paid to guarantee the day.

How much do rst want normally to secure the day? I mean deposit wise..