ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roll Cage

Clio 172 cup

Thinking about putting a OMP half roll cage in my williams and spraying it gold to match the standard alloys!. I think this could look rather good!

Opions please!

Yes I know my insurance will be doubled but they dont have to know!

Jim

Yeh go for it, i have been thinking of doing it myself, just not sure if i want the hassle of painting it and putting it in etc. I would be interested to see some pics if you do it though.

Cheers

Dazz

BMW 320d Sport

Ive been giving it some thought for quite a while now, a 6 point bolt in cage was what I was after. Is this the same half cage as youre on about? Dont want a weld in, too much hassle.

A mate of mine had a Williams 1 with an OMP bolt in 6 point full cage, door bars and even a diagonal (removable) that fitted in the rear.

Yes girlfriends will hate it but it looks the b****cks and makes quite a difference to the handling.

Oh yeah he had it painted in Williams blue to match the exterior of the car.

Clio 172 cup

Yeah thats the one Im on about! You can get it from Demon Tweeks for £167.56, Its a simple DIY job and its all bolted in with no welding required, As you mentioned the diagonal bar can be easily removed and so can the door bars! I can imagine it will be a pain to get in and out of the car with them in, but they can be put back in for track days and shows! Hopefully mine will be in for MAX LIVE! so you can all have a look and see what you think!(thats if I manage to get my car in the show! )

cheers

Jim

Jim

having been in the car with a cage fitted I would recommend some padding for the door bars(prevents banging your elbows) and the part of the cage that passes close to your head (from B pillar towards windscreen).

If you did (god forbid) have an accident it could be possible for you to nut your cage!

BMW 320d Sport

So where exactly are the 6 bolt in points? I assume the two rear seatbelt mounts at the bottom but which others? The bottom of the front seatbelts?
And where else?

Clio 172 cup

Ok the main points are as you said near the seat belt mounts at the side of the rear seats right at the back then the other 2 go next to the front seat belt mounts and bolt to the floor. Then you have the additional door bars that bolt to the cage and then bolt down to the floor at the side of your front seat, although im wandering that the door pocket may have to be removed. Take a look a Demon tweeks 2002 performance catalougue for a closer insight to what it looks like.

Jim

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

why does the insurance double?? i was interested i one, the lads at r/r day came up with good idea for the rear of my car and it involved a roll cage!

One other thing, if the full cage is installed you will be unable to use your sun visors (they will be permanently up due to the cage passing directly underneath them).

I hope youve got some decent sunglasses!