ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roll cage fitting - Steel fabricators

Clio Sport 172
Hi everyone,
Finally decided to go for the half roll cage fitting (after buying it 3 months ago...) but I'm struggling to find a place where I can buy the foot plates and weld them.

The car is prepared (paint off and primed) so just need someone that can sell me a steel sheet, cut it (I have all the measures) and weld them on the car...
The rest I'll do it myself.
Being in the country for 3 years only doesn't help also...
The car is at Woking so local ish is essential.

Thanks for the help
Cheers

172 Turbo
There is a guy I know down the M3 who could do it? Depends how far you're willing to travel really

Clio Sport 172
There is a guy I know down the M3 who could do it? Depends how far you're willing to travel really

Thanks for the post @masekwm
The thing about being local ish is cause still need to do the mot so long distances are not advisable :)
But can you send me his contact and see if you can go from there?
How down is on the M3?
Cheers
Rui

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Most fabrication companies should do it for you if you have all the sizes you want. Other than that you can try and place an order with a profilers, they will cut (using a cnc laser/plasma) the shapes for you, then get a welder to sort it. There are people that class themselves as 'mobile welders' and will come to your house with their gear.
We have people asking for little jobs all the time, we repaired a fuel tank for a guys mircolite a few weeks ago. He then came back and asked us to make him a new one. Fabrication shops will always take on a smaller job, might just take a couple of weeks (depending how busy they are)