ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roll cage advise

clio 172
I've got a omp 6 point bolt in cage,I've also just bought a cobra evalution pro fit seat with the head supports, the thing is due to me needed to sit a long way back due to long legs the seat hits the cage now if spoke to a cage making company local to me and they have suggested we mount the main hoop of the cage on strengthened plates on the rear bench area instead of where the seat will hit, this will be great for me as il be able to fit properly in the car

I was just wondering if its safe to do this ?? I just don't want to weaken the cage cheers

PM BIGASH I'm pretty sure he had to do the same.

Nothing wrong with it as long as it is done properly, so as long as the company you're using know what they're doing it should be fine.

If the OMP cage is FIA homologated it is likely to lose that unless the company doing it re-homologate it. But unless you're racing FIA events you should be fine.

Something else to think about is, if they move it back then the front will move away from the A pillars unless they extend it.

I'm not 100% but I think both (moving back and extending) would fall foul of MSA and FIA regs so not motorsport compliant but fine for track days. You'd probably be better getting a custom made cage and selling the OMP on TBH.