ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rocker Cover Oil Weeping...

Titanium 182 full fa
just taken the plastic engine cover off and noticed that the rocker cover is weeping slightly resulting in a slight oil leak...anybody else had this?

a thirsty one
Few threads on it, remove inlet manifold and remove each bolt which holds the rocker cover on and put some gasket round they'll of the bolt and then put it back in. Do it with the few bolts u think may have caused it to leak. One will be allowing oil up.didmine few month back,took an hour and half not leaked since. Having a new rocker gasket is a big and expensive job. I used wyns black gasket its about £20

Lionel Richie
resealing the rocker cover is about 6-7hours to do

just resealing some of the bolts is a nice easy job

"Navy" N17 TWO
I always seem to get some oil around the top of the plugs, that normal in the F4R though?

Cro

Meg'd r27
I always seem to get some oil around the top of the plugs, that normal in the F4R though?

If theres no oil on top getting down the plug holes then its the rocker gasket inside the holes leaking in no doubt

"Navy" N17 TWO
Aye ^ the "common" thing about these engines...that what sealing the bolts can help then? :)

a thirsty one
Yes, one at a time in the area the oil pools. Bolt out, a thin bead of gasket under the head of the bolt where the thread goes into the bolt head and put it back In the head. Quite a few threads in the past.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Sealing the bolts is only going to stop any oil that you are seeing on TOP of the rocker, if theres no oil on top but oil down the plug holes then sealing the bolts will do diddly squat and requires a the rocker seal sorted