ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rock hard pedal! Servo? Asap!

So, my pedal just pumps up if pressed a few times. It feels like there is no servo assistance?

Has anyone had any experiences with a knackered servo/servo valve? Re-calls etc?

not sure what you've been doing to test it, but have you driven it? you'll know if the servo assistance has gone

Yeah i have driven it, a million times. Re-Bled the brakes just then which ofcorse has done nothing to help.

And how am i supposed to know if servo assistance has gone?

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
I'll explain a bit better for him as I've just had a look at it.

The pedal is now constantly solid even when driving. Brakes work of sorts but you really have to work hard to get them to do anything.

To me it seems like all servo assistance has disappeared - so either the servo valve is at fault, which I doubt as I've just had it off & could quite easily suck through it) or the servo itself is knackered.

I've just re-bled all the brakes and fluid pumped through all 4 corners perfectly - there was only a small amount of air in the nearside rear.

I've seen that theres a recall on Clios (not sure if it affects the 172/182) but I dont see any reason why not - could it be this?

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/rec...14C95100256C6E003515A7&freeText=Blank&tx=VOSA

What are servos like to replace? Anyone done one? Looks to be a right b**ch tbh due to space or lack of it.

Cheers

Lee

have you got a Haynes manual? it's in there; assume it's the same servo on all models?

hopefully it's a hose rather than the servo itself as, likewise, think it'd be hard work to renew

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Checked the hose - its not that either.

Will look on AutoData & see what it says.