ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's Monaco blue 172

Phase 2 172
My first week of Renault ownership has been.. 'Intresting' to say the least.
I picked it up last Sat morning and drove home in the pooring rain quite happy with my new car

car.jpg

sunday the car started to make knocking noises and i was getting heavy vibration at 50 - 60mph but i didnt worry to much as
It was booked in at my friends garage monday morning to have a K-Tec supersport stealth system fitted and eibach sportlines.

Monday came and i dropped the car off but an hour later i got a phonecall to drop back down, and this is where the fun begins..

It needed

*Both upper & Lower engine mounts
*'Dogbone' gearbox mount
*Both front suspension top mounts
*offside track rod end
*Nearside inner CV boot 'Gone' - After a read on here ordered whole new driveshaft from cliospares
*2 new front tyres (due to nails!), tracking and wheel balancing

when i testdrove originally it had a small shake due to the top mount being dead, something he was going to fix. turns out hes bodged it with spacers and bolts but also it hid everything else wrong with it!

Anyway it should be all done this week and then its booked in the bodyshop for a front end touchup and a K-tec carbon splitter fitted, then i can take some better pictures!

I will await mockery about buying a turd!

BMW 330D
Re: Ph2 172

how much did you pay for the car mate? and how much is all that setting you back?

Phase 2 172

About 3500, Its done 41k and has FRSH with a MOT done by stevie Wonder.

Shouldnt set me back a lot, 'Mate's rates' helps alot!

BMW 330D

3500 seems alot for a 172 lol looking for one myself but wouldn't want to spend over 3k theres tidy 182s for that. Looks tidy though and thats the best colour

Maybe a 172 Cup..

Glad you're getting sorted mate, and welcome to Clio ownership. Couple of common things on there, so at least you know there gonna be done. Not an issue buying a car that needs attention if you get for right money chief, personally I think unless you've bought from 'Carcraft' you've give about 1k over odds.

I got offered a '03' plate Monaco with some history and full mot, needed belts service and had 90k on for £1400 about a month ago, unfortunately was in Cyprus and it went rapido...

Phase 2 172

I have to apologise for such a appalling project thread but the last few months of ownership have been slightly expensive!

After having all the above fixed and fitted i had a violent shake at 60 MPH, this was the cause..

image-1.jpg

so the offside driveshaft has been replaced!

all 4 tyres have been replaced as it had original Conti's and they had gone a bit 'Hard'

both rear shocks decided to have a fit so they have been replaced also.

So i think (touch wood) after all problems i should be able to carry out my original plans to have the wheels refurbed, bonnet sprayed and a few carbon bits thrown in for good measure over the next few months (which i will update)

this is how she stands now

image.jpg

Phase 2 172

Finally a worthwhile update!

I got the ball rolling and had the bonnet resprayed, then ordered some bits from Carbon Central...
photo-2.jpg

Fitted today with my K-Tec splitter that has been hiding in the shed for 6 months also given a quick 1 step machine polish, waiting until the wheel refurb before full detail.

(excuse pics, Iphone!)

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

And pity this was not the 430 Scuderia we have in at the moment..
IMG_0583.jpg

Phase 2 172
Thanks for the comments, still a few bits to sort like the huge coolant leak that suddenly appeared!
Have also a new AUX belt, spark plugs and new rear discs & pads to be fitted.

I was cleaning the car at work and met Dave from K-tec funnily enough!

Phase 2 172
Well a small update after spending out on all the above I treated myself to a retrimmed steering wheel
photo-3.jpg

Fitted last night and is fantastic!

Also have some k-tec top mounts to be fitted and wheel refurb before CCS

Phase 2 172
My private plate transfer came through today also so just some temp work plates for the moment...

photo-4.jpg

That's looking nice now, shame about all the stuff needed doing but I bet it's feeling really tight again. :)

What tyres did you put on it and where did you get the steering wheel retrimmed?

Liquid Yellow 182
Nice car mate, i got same colour in 1.2. What inch are those alloys mate 15" or 16"? I want some but dont know if you can get them in 15"

MX5 Elise111s
Well a small update after spending out on all the above I treated myself to a retrimmed steering wheel
photo-3.jpg

Fitted last night and is fantastic!

Also have some k-tec top mounts to be fitted and wheel refurb before CCS

That is really neat. Do you mind me asking where you got it from?