ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Robbie's 172

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Any updates on this little project? What machining did you have to do to the hub for your brackets to work?

robbie514566

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, BMW 120i
Any updates on this little project? What machining did you have to do to the hub for your brackets to work?

No more updates as I have a new car now. The link is in the above post.

I machined one of the brake carrier holes closer to the centre of the hub then made a bracket to suit.
Thought I'd rather machine a cheap hub then an expensive calliper and doing this required no machineing to the caliper at all

f757ffc7d569f65af686b77844b8bedf.jpg

See The right hand lug is abit shorter then standard ^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
No more updates as I have a new car now. The link is in the above post.

I machined one of the brake carrier holes closer to the centre of the hub then made a bracket to suit.
Thought I'd rather machine a cheap hub then an expensive calliper and doing this required no machineing to the caliper at all

f757ffc7d569f65af686b77844b8bedf.jpg

See The right hand lug is abit shorter then standard ^^

Trying to picture it in my head. So the lug (to the right) has been cut shorter, removing the original hole, and then re-drilled?
Will have a look at the new car thread now.

robbie514566

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, BMW 120i
Trying to picture it in my head. So the lug (to the right) has been cut shorter, removing the original hole, and then re-drilled?
Will have a look at the new car thread now.

Yeh that's right
This picture is a standard one and the lug that's been chopped is the bottom one

a8e300eb783837a159fa025e168a20c0.jpg

Think the hole was repositioned something like 25 mm closer to the centre of the hub then chopped the lug off to suit

Haha thanks hasn't been updated too much recently though