ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road angel trouble in my 172?

106 GTi
Signal is hit or miss with the heat reflective screens. Some people have got them to work fine in the cut out square at the bot of the screen, I ended up with an additional attenna on the rear shelf.

106 GTi
I phoned them and got the 5M one as they send the 3M one by default, which is fine for mounting under te wiper scuttle as some have done, but wont reach the rear shelf like the 5M.

The Tube
I had the external aerial on my RA2 and it worked fine upto about 3 months ago, since then it's taken upto an hour to connect to satellites, I read in Evo that they had trouble connecting with the RA Navigator too...

182 cup
another thumbs up for the cup as no heat reflective windscreen=no problems with detectors..:approve: ;)

My RA2 is mounted here:
RA1.gif

works fine, but still need to get a 5m extension for full coverage.

Jezz - My Tomtom one works fine with heat reflective screen.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
my ra didnt work in my 182. But yeah, external gps antenna if it doesnt solves the prob. Does anyone know what the square patch is in the centre of the screen?!? my 182 and my phase1 172 has it.

RenaultSport clio Trophy
Doesnt the RA need to sit higher so the laser sensor FOV clears your wipers?

Or does it just detect through the wipers?

106 GTi
TrophyDan said:
Doesnt the RA need to sit higher so the laser sensor FOV clears your wipers?

Or does it just detect through the wipers?

That's was the other reason I got the external attenna.

Rob - the cut out is free from the UV coating so is meant to allow the likes of GPS signals, the toll cards some foreign motorways have etc, pass through the screen.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
But, the phase ones dont have a UV coating?? I could understand if it was just the phase 2 172s and 182s...

Do the 172 cups have it?

Citroen DS3 DSport
TomTom One and the new GO range will all work ok in the Clio as they use the Sirf III chipset which has no problems with the heat reflective coating. The next generation of cam detectors will also make use of this gps chipset.

Monaco Blue 172
kind of miffed we tried to use this the other day and it didnt work, for the above reasons! is it not possible to replace the windscreen with one that doesnt have the weird layer in it? mines slightly chipped just now and i'm looking for an excuse to replace it ;)