ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ROAD ANGEL - help me please!

i have a classic road angel, its about 9 months old and its stopped pickin up satellites! now my dad has one too and his is about the same age and works fine, weve even swapped em over in the cars etc and his kicks in in about 5-10 secs mine just does nothing (sits in 3 dashes only) any ideas wats going on? i tried updating it too, still nothing! help help please!

Dunno what to suggest there mate. Whenever mines struggled to pick up satellites I have resolved it by unplugging it for a mo then back in. I take it the warranty has expired ?

Similar thing has happened to mine, takes about 20 minutes to start working. It used to work fine but I started using my car only about once a week, think not using the road angel often enough may make it slow to sart working, like starting it for the firtst time every time. how often do you use your car?

as above, send it back to blackspot, ring them first and they will check if its still in warranty, and they will have a replacement out to you next day

cool okay thanx guys i will fone them tomorrow! i use my car all the time pinhead. it just stopped workin one day!

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

That would be nice wouldnt it lol. Must be a coincidence that i now know of 3 peoples RAs that have become faulty very close to the end of warranty, hmm?!?

Its probably wear and tear on the cigar lighter giving too low a voltage, from bad connection. Ive found out you can power them using a universal-type adaptor on as little as 3V, and the unit will power on but find no satellites. Give it six or 9V and it goes like a b*****d. HTH

mine was actually hard wired in to an ignition live and my dads worked fine in the same situation so its def the angel

Oh! Hardwired means youre sticking an otherwise unmolested 12v up it, that means its safe to use 12v on my adaptor! Borrowed unit, and it doesnt say how many volts on the unit, so it wasnt my place to try!!! Thats how I know what 3v does cos I turned it up gradually :)