ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road Angel 2 Reception

The Tube
Is anyone having problems with their RA2 picking up a reception lately? For the past few weeks it displays "Searching for Satellites" for the majority of the journey, and when it does pick up a signal it's often really weak. I've always used an external aerial, and never had any probs, it's only been the last few weeks.

Any ideas?

Megane Trophy
erm i have a compact and mines been fine without the external sensor

i need to enquire on the laser detector because i would like the number plate mounted one!!

None
Mine does it sometimes too :/ sometimes it gives errors in my speeds. Apparantly my car can go up some roads at 288mph according to my road angel..

106 GTi
No probs here with mine since getting the additional attenna.

Blackspot suggest using the long cable placing the unit outside the car and seeing if it finds satellites as a test, if it doesnt there is a problem with the unit.

Where have you placed the additional Attenna?

Megane Trophy
Maxx - Mine hit 488 mph in my girlfriends 1.4 corsa!
We came out of the dartford tunnel and it went crazy!
Wish i had got a picture, would appear i was sitting in thrust SSC

I know that if its like thundery weather, then mine has problems

The Tube
I placed the additional aerial on the rear parcel shelf, and it's been fine up until now.
I got fed up with it last week and set it up in the wifes CR-V, and it still has problems getting a reception even though it has no UV windscreen.
I think it must be buggered...

Macca172 said:
Is anyone having problems with their RA2 picking up a reception lately? For the past few weeks it displays "Searching for Satellites" for the majority of the journey, and when it does pick up a signal it's often really weak. I've always used an external aerial, and never had any probs, it's only been the last few weeks.

Any ideas?

Yep, same.. it takes ages.. but once it's locked on, it's usually OK (sometimes drops again, but rare)

I can drive 10mins and it don't lock on at all.. :(

I noticed it recently too.. so it can't be just me, heh.. thought it was. :p

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
i remember last year.... Origin B2 users had a similar problem.

It was aspace of few days, it was either VERY hard to get reception, or you cudnt get it at all.

It cleared up after a few days tho... never got to the end of it.

Origin officially said it was atmospheric conditions ;)

The Tube
I've just been reading on the Blackspot webiste about an 'almanac battery' that relays back info about the satellites, so maybe that needs replacing?

Macca172 said:
I've just been reading on the Blackspot webiste about an 'almanac battery' that relays back info about the satellites, so maybe that needs replacing?

Yep, probably.