ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'Ripspeed' Ultra 15's - am I mad?

04BGFF182CLIORS
Before I continue I would just like to say I have never even considered purchasing anything 'Ripspeed' (or anything other than cleaning gear for that matter) from Halfrauds...

BUT.

I have been offered a set of these CHEAP and I am considering taking them. I have been toying with some new 16's for my BG182 but I am leaning more and more towards some 15's with a subtle drop - ideally looking at F1's or ultra-l's.

Refurbed in anthracite and with some DIY renault centre caps, am I mad thinking these could be a cheap OK looking set of wheels (they have a certain OZ ultra/super vibe?)

Maybe its late...

Clio RS200
Main pic they look far too "chromey" but zoom in a dulled down they look better. Anthracite would definiteyl be the way to go. If they're cheap then go for it. If you don't like them after then sell them on. If people want them for a track car they wont be too fussed on them being super ugly ;)

WRX
Agree that as chrome they are too Wet Coat Customs but if you redo them, nobody would know and 90% would think they're proper Ultras. I'm considering them too for my track wheels as I can get them at a price that I'm finding hard to resist.

phase 1 flamer 172
They are just wheels, something to put your more important tyres on, going along the road they,ll look like a set of standard 172 (phase1) wheels anyway.

Clio 197
Hmm its a thin line that I think these may cross - however it all depends on the deal being offered ... If cheap enough then why not

04BGFF182CLIORS
No pics of the actual wheels yet, but trust me I have no intentions of keeping them chromeysilver or whatever the standard colour is classed as.

They just seem a fairly ok looking wheel that could sit well on the clio, and wont break the bank if I decide against 15's. I should be able to pick them up with decent tyres for around £100 - leaving me some pocket money to do a cheeky DIY refurb.

Edition 30
Place OZ sticker over current centre cap.

Everyone on CS is all like 'Nice superleggeras mate!'

04BGFF182CLIORS
Thats the thing, they dont look that bad, and are far from the usual Halfords nonsense. The car gets used daily and I spend enough on fuel, so if can save some cash on making it a little more individual I think its worth a punt.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Get some better/custom centre caps and they'd look fine tbh.

04BGFF182CLIORS
These will be with me early next week, so I will report back on if they are any good.

DIY anthracite spray job on the cards, so hopefully a smart set of wheels, for no money!

Just need some cooksport springs now to bring the ride height down a tad :)

Sunflower Ph1 172
As long as they aren't made out of cheese, I'm sure they'll function just fine as wheels. Spray them a silly colour, remove centre caps, nobody will know/care.

04BGFF182CLIORS
Wheels have arrived!

Set me back £100 and they are all practically new (just mucky)

As they are:

efgos1.jpg

Quick 'shop of how they will be:
v2qk1y.jpg

Last edited:

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Don't put OZ caps on it! Get some custom stickers to go over the Ripspeed ones!

Absolutely mint man, Love it! I have the same wheels and really only realised the centre caps come out. I am not very bright.
Where are you getting your caps made up? I was thinking of getting N2Grafix or someone to make up stickers for them on mine if i get them sprayed antracite.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Yup. Just over half the price those wheels cost. Just get custom stickers which don't say OZ.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Make sure your sat down when you look up genuine O.Z centrecaps brand new.

This!

You can easily copy them though. £5 for some di-noc CF stuff, £5 for some OZ stickers from N2grafix on here, lacquer over the top and they look identical.