ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rip Subaru Impreza

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My first thought Danny. You look at low Mpg cars aswell just now not selling in big numbers.

Years ago I knew a few blokes running nice Imprezas as a daily cars. I couldn't name one now. If you can afford to run one you probably wouldn't be buying an Impreza anyway.

Ironically I know a guy who owns 2 RB320 Imprezas. One is a track car the other is a weekend car.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The fan base vanished when they completely changed the look of the car.

I liked the new style. Look at Moby's old one or Biohazard's. much less chavvy than the older crap models (not RBs or 22bs etc)

I can't remember what mpg Dolan was getting out his PPP Impreza.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Aye i'm the same kev, its a shame that its happening. What i think is, people arent buying them as a result of;

-Tax is dear
-Petrol is a joke
-Insurance is robbery

The system in this country is really fucked. There is no way on earth im wearing that its "for the sake of earths preservation" when China/USA etc do precisley f**k all on their part. It pisses me off to the core!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Couldn't agree more. Off course everyone wants a 300bhp fun petrol car that'll do 50mpg but we're going to continue to see this happening.

You only have to look at RenaultSport and the next Type-R brand for a quick example. Bmw also changing.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It's about time tbh, the newer hatch shape never had the following or the driver appeal of the saloon.

Good riddance tbh.

I'll look forward to the next offerings! I've always loved their other stuff... The old justy pick up to the Forrester STI.

clio 197 cup
cant help but feel they shot them self in the foot pulling out of the WRC, ford may have pulled out next year but they will still sell cars of the back of privateer cars and ken block, hense why the new focus and fiesta st will sell world wide like hot cakes.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Shame really. They have always been great cars. The Hatch may have less power from standard, but my god it shifts! Awesome to drive.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I bet a good 70% of people won't recognise this:
2012-Subaru-Impreza-Upper-Side-Angel.jpg

Looks less like a performance car and more like a Volvo.