ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ring trip 2011 - with an unusual twists and some randoms events...

Went the ring back in may, and was sat at home on wednesday last week with nothing to do, so decided to plan a random trip on my own to the ring for a few days.

Left on Friday morning around 2am to head to dover to catch the ferry -

IMG_0285.jpg

While parked at the ferry, Rob walked past from on here, and we got chatting and decided to head to the ring together :)

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

SS100941.jpg

SS100943.jpg

SS100944.jpg

SS100949.jpg

SS100917.jpg

SS100936.jpg

Weather was really good as usual, and we arrived at my hotel at about 2:30, managed to get Rob and his mate a room for the night so was all good. Unpacked and took a few pics, view was lovely :)

IMG_0315.jpg

SS100966.jpg

SS100965.jpg

SS100964.jpg

UNFORTUNATELY the trip took a slight turn for the worst as i decided to go for a quick drive, on heading back toward the hotel coming away from Adenau i came round a corner, lost the back end and crashed into another car, the other guy wasnt hurt and it was completely my fault. I shouldnt have done it as i was tired, but i cant change anything now so i dont need any lectures thanks.

Car is more than likely a right off, had to go the police station and make a statement etc, they were surprisingly nice to be honest.

Ill let the pics do the talking...

SS100967.jpg

SS100969.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

Sat on the roof to my mum LOL
IMG_0397.jpg

After this we went and got smashed friday night - standard, knights helmet!!!!!
IMG_0399.jpg

I booked a flight home for sunday night and got on with the rest of the trip.

Rob was amazing and ferried me around and things, so a MASSIVE thankyou to him for that as i dont know what i would of done without him.

Some other pics from the rest of the trip :)

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

This guys trainers were amazing!!
IMG_0367.jpg

Met sabeena(sp)
IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

There was alot of accidents, and the track was closed quite a few times on sunday!!

Sunday came and we left for the hotel, robs car makes me miss a stripped out clio - LOL
IMG_0380.jpg

A well deserved beer at the airport
IMG_0385-1.jpg

Then randomly at the bar, David Coulthard was there, had a cheeky beer and showed him my car, he said "youve done a proper job there" and i got a pic and we went on our ways.
IMG_0388.jpg

On the plane
IMG_0392.jpg

Got home and went straight to bed.

Just got off the phone to the insurance, they are awaiting quotes for collecting the car.

Depending on how much they are will depend wether they will collect it or not, as im 90% sure itll be written off, as the boot has a crease in it, and parts cant be cheap.

So to sum up -

Amazing trip, loads of random things happening, meeting random people, had a great time, just crashing my car was waaaaaaank!

But massive thanks to Rob for all his help!

Not lectures please, i dont need them right now - I feel like giving points so you have been warned :rasp:

Fair play for being honest, shame about the car though. Glad you enjoyed the rest of the trip.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Mate I can't believe you met Sabine & David Cultard pmsl. Proper random.

Unlucky with the TypeR. Unfortuanately these things happen, and no one was hurt which is the main thing.

Hats off to you for going to the ring on your own! You must have been hella bored.

Haha i know, he was sound, alot smaller than i thought tho! Think he was there for the DTM??

I got fined £170 by the police, they said you might get it back.

I said i dont want it back as it was my fault, give it the other guy. So i had to write that on my statement.

I was hella bored mate, but it was kinda exciting :D

Going back in october :) LOL

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Aside from the small matter of crashing, that looked like an awesome way to spend a few days.

tut, tut. ;)

Lucky you for meeting up with Rob. Would have been a real s**tter without him there.

Sabine is such a camera slut.
It's almost impossible to go to the ring without here jumping in for a pic.
:D

Is that DCs "I've been stalked" look?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Oooft Not good!

Glad all were ok though and it didnt put a complete stop to your trip.

Weeman sucks ****
Tom and myself spoke to the guy in the black clio in the car park. Shame we didn't get to see any DTM, but heard them!

That's bad luck with the civic, shame. Good you're not hurt.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
looks like a good trip

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlucky mate, but fair play for admitting you were in the wrong.

When you going in October? I'm going over 06th-10th October.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Funny that when i crashed mine i had to don the flame suit but all you seem to be getting is people giving you sympathy...........backwards forum is backwards.

losing the back end because you were tired? nothing to do with the speed you were doing no? pretty hard to lose the back end on a dry road doing normal speeds................

looks like a good trip

That's because you're an idiot.
Anyway.

Jeez man, gutted about the Civic :( Looks like you had an epic trip though.
Must have been cool meeting DC too!

P.s. Getting anything from your car? The seats? :eek:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Funny that when i crashed mine i had to don the flame suit but all you seem to be getting is people giving you sympathy...........backwards forum is backwards.

losing the back end because you were tired? nothing to do with the speed you were doing no? pretty hard to lose the back end on a dry road doing normal speeds................

looks like a good trip

To be fair though, he's done it once that we know of on here...you've done it a bit more than that. :rasp:

BMW F21 125d
That Steak on a stone looks like the PistonKlause restaurant to me ?

I was there last weekend and had the same, Fillet, 20 Euro's, absolutley awesome.

Gutting about the car, but some good pics there!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great. I really need to do this.

Buy it back Ben and sell me the seats..haha

Depends if they bring it back, if they do ill probably buy it back and then break it.

Just gota wait on the insurance.

*If you have nothing but trolling to do, dont do it in my thread - points will be issued, you have been warned twice now.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Wasn't expecting that! :(

Despite the crash, was still an eventful trip

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Unlucky about the accident fella :dapprove: Did you manage to get to use it on the ring before it happened?

Meeting Sabine and DC though, I bet that was an experience!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Would there be charges/costs for bringing it back over here?
Had another look and it does look nasty!

Never above 25mpg
s**t luck! Could've been alot worse I suppose! Lucky you're OK. Got to meet a few famous faces!

Looks like a nice trip though to go on.