ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Right.. Plan B! (rep content)

Two 0 Shitx
So as i didn't get the car in my earlier thread im thinking about making my own 1*2 replica, then after a couple of years chucking a big engine in it. So this is what iev got planned so far:

Clio Dynamique 1.4 16v
Full sport leather/suade interior
Different gear stick (possibly from the ph1 sport, would that work?)
Possibly spray it white
Bumpers (dual exhaust one)
side skirts
front wings
wheels (anyone reccomend some?)
exhaust (dual)
xenon's

Thats all i can think of so far, apart from the paint and the wheels can someone tell me roughly how much it could cost? And what complications there would be and if theres anything ive forgotten? Oh and any reccomended Renault breakers in the north west :)

Thanks.

Two 0 Shitx
17, this will be my first car, forgot to mention that so a ph1 172 is out of the question. Also don't include the car, im going to get that ;)

I was thinking roughly like 1-1.5k? Is there any problems when putting any of the 182 parts on a standard clio? Like the exhaust?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Well, you can't not declare an engine swap so why not save your money and gain some NCB and buy a genuine RS?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
to fit a 182 you would have to get rid of the spare wheel well.

Two 0 Shitx
Jamie - I might do that yet, but i was thinking if i get so far into it that the only difference is the engine i might just swap it and put something different in it. (When the insurance doesn't allows)

Craig - Sounds like a big job mate, or is it as simple as just cutting it out and replacng it with a flat sheet?

Two 0 Shitx
I wasn't snapping at you mate ;) I got quoted the same by Tesco but i don't think they're mod friendly, might give adrian flux a ring see what they quote :dead: Insurance in the UK is such a pain in the arse, hopefully though id just have to declare the bumpers and exhaust (not looking forward to that one) :dapprove:

Two 0 Shitx
Won't give me a quote online, that was me as the main driver and my mum and grandad as named drivers.

With Tesco i was a named driver so im expecting it to be more expensive, wish my 1 year no claims on my scooter counted :mad: