ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Right... install time!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Okay desperate to get my system set up now! Can't take anymore standard stereo :rasp:

How do I get through to the engine bay on a Clio? Please tell me it's easier than drilling a hole through the glovebox like on a 206! Are the panels easy to open to hide wries etc? I have torx screws if they're needed...

What do you guys use to stick your amp and sub down to the boot floor? Used this sticky stuff in my 206 and it kinda ripped the carpet outta place :eek: strong stuff lol

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
i screwed mine the the back of the sub box attached some velcro the the bottom of the sub box it works a treat.

as for getting into the engine bay i did it the hard way and drilled through then later figured out that you can go through one of the grommets on the passenger side under the bonnet

I'd bolt it all down properly, the last thnig you want if you get rear ended is a sub box coming into the car & hitting you on the head. Stuff that for a laugh !

As for wiring it all in, there are a lot of threads on here about it, worth doing a search tbh.

Monaco RS Clio 172
mine went thru a little grommet under the passenger footwell, just up behind the glove box area. same one the bonnet opener cable goes thru iirc.

it is very fiddly and took me 2 hours, but, it's better than taking a black and decker to your motor! lol

I also sealed it in with silicone to ensure waterproofing was maintained.

wires are easier to hide and panels easier to remove/refit correctly than any other car I have ever had!

good luck my friend, do it PROPERLY, hide everything, and you'll be very pleased. if you do it properly, you'll only do it once, and it'll run correctly for the life of the car :)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yeah this is why im waiting til pay day to get some new wires cause my other ones have been through three cars with me now and starting to show their age!