ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ride quality difference

Mazda 3 MPS
Hey guys.

Just wondering is the ride quality in the 197 really that harsh?

I was reading parkers the other day and they were praising the non sport for having excellent comfort, and then they turn round and say the 197's is far too harsh and shite.

Is this really true? Was thinking of getting a 197. Might not now.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Hey guys.

Just wondering is the ride quality in the 197 really that harsh?

I was reading parkers the other day and they were praising the non sport for having excellent comfort, and then they turn round and say the 197's is far too harsh and shite.

Is this really true? Was thinking of getting a 197. Might not now.

It's Parkers FFSnake

If you are that easily swayed then there is no hope.

Mazda 3 MPS
Well I was planning on having a 1.6 vvt for a while and then get one. So no point me test driving one at the moment. Just wondered what peoples views were.

The 197 I test drove rode fine IMO for this kind of car, it's a hot hatch so not going to be soft and wallowy.

It has a bigger car planted feel to it compared to the 1#2, so therefore even though it's still stiff it has a subjectively good but firm ride.

Lotus Exige, 182
Go for a test drive.

+1

I won't comment on the 197 as I haven't driven it, but the 200 I tested (with cup packs) had an awesome ride - the damping was superb. Definitely high on my list of purchases in 2 years time if I don't go RWD.