ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ride on 17"

Clio 172 sport
Hi guys, on my way to buy some new alloys (Pro race 1.2 or Team.D GTO) for my mk1 172. debating on whether to get 16" or 17". i hear off some ppl that i should stick with the 16" as 17" ruin the handling, acceleration and ride of the car. i know the bigger tend to look better but i didnt really buy a 172 to end up messing with the qualities of the car.
Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Clio 1.2 8V 2003
Ive got 17's and they look great. The handling for me is much better as when I bought the car somebody had put "random" 15's on. Ive got damping springs - I think?! was kitted out apart from the wheels when I bought the car, anyway the ride is what I'd class as fine.

Here's my 17's
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6047/mycarue2.jpg

mycarue2.jpg

-users-ashleymurfin-pictures-iphoto-library-originals-2006-roll-78-my-car.jpg

Chocolate Bar™
as above. 17s will rui the handling and change the responsivness of the car, hard to explain really. On a 1.2 fair enough, but not a sport

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
16"s seriously don't go for 17"s, done that myself, made the mistake and went back to 16"s, better acceleration, better handling, better ride, cheaper tyres.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
the 17's slow mine down from inital acceleration. handling is fine though, raised the car a little too so gladi had lowering springs on there as well. no 4x4 business allowed.