ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ride Height...

335i M SPORT!!!!
Wolud there be a ride height different between non rs clio's...

E.g Dynamique vs Authentique?

On my invoice for my car it sayz...

'Renault Clio Sport 2004 Dynamique'

I was told By renault that it was a more "Sporting" version of other clio models...

BMW M135i
The dynamique is the "sport" (and I use the term loosely) model for the normal clio, it gives you :
  • Sports Seats
  • Red Needles In The Dials (Ph2 only I think?)
  • Dark Dash instead of the shitty two tone thing in the others
  • Rear Spoiler
  • Alloys
  • Sports Steering (1.4 and 1.6 only)
  • Sports Suspension (1.4 and 1.6 only)
Might be other things but I can't think of them.

Astra SRi T
you get electric heated wing mirrors too, which i dont think you get on the authentique models (not really sporty but an extra lol)

335i M SPORT!!!!
I must have Sport Steering and suspension then... (1.4 16v)

i'm considering gettin a 182, not sure yet...

Dont no if im ready to stomach insurance costs...

Astra SRi T
i think it depends on your age and ncb, ive noticed most on here get a few yrs no claims on a 1.2/1.4 and then move up

335i M SPORT!!!!
I havent started modifing my car just basics tints n music...
but if i do im gona keep it for a while...

since i supposidly have "sports" suspension do think i could put 17's on it without it looking like a monsta truck???

any pics of unlowered car on 17's?

wxmlad said:
you get electric heated wing mirrors too, which i dont think you get on the authentique models (not really sporty but an extra lol)
How do they work then, I got a 2003 Dynamique and I dont know which button works the heated wing mirrors?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
the heated mirrors work whenever you put your heated rear windscreen on :) if you feel them after 15mins youll feel theyre slightly warm

335i M SPORT!!!!

Btw this is current ride height of my car...

My current Mod plans are to: fit 17's or 172 16's Colour code... then start with my multimedia frenzy inside... ps2, freeview, sat nav...

Audi TT 3.2 V6
will be nice to see a modded 5 door, not seen any ph2s modded. i **think** it is eviljohn who has a ph1 5door modded and looks good.

BMW M135i
2005_dynamique said:
since i supposidly have "sports" suspension do think i could put 17's on it without it looking like a monsta truck???

Its not any lower, its just stiffer springs, dampers and antiroll bars. Having come from a 1.2 with normal suspension there is a marked difference between the two, the 1.6 holds on much better in the bends before understeer rears is head and thats with the shitty tyres i've got on.

Golf GTD
this is my authentique unlowered with 17"s.

im sure you will agree, it looks like a tractor.

get it lowered if you get 17"s

Attachments

• Angled Alloy View.JPG
    Angled Alloy View.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Rear Alloy Close Up.JPG
    Rear Alloy Close Up.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 29
  Audi TT 3.2 V6
lol nope...im loving my wheels too much atm. its great being unique hehe

might look into getting them refurbed next month

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
russ9898 said:
will be nice to see a modded 5 door, not seen any ph2s modded. i **think** it is eviljohn who has a ph1 5door modded and looks good.

Mine is ph1 3 door but hopefull it still looks good! Davebem has a modded 5 door ph1

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
2005_dynamique said:
I havent started modifing my car just basics tints n music...
but if i do im gona keep it for a while...

Heres mine, its getting lowered end of july/Begining of Aug.

side4jk.jpg

SLK 350
KyleB said:
this is my authentique unlowered with 17"s.

im sure you will agree, it looks like a tractor.

get it lowered if you get 17"s

Jesus, those wheels are 'different' :)dead:), makes the brakes too exposed and the arch look empty. Oh and if you drop it -60mm on standard shocks, you WILL kill the shocks. Couple of months and they'll be pissing fluid all over the shop.

The different shocks and springs arn't exactly sporty the only decient sporty shocks for any Clio are aftermanrket stuff IMO.

The 1.2 do have the weekest spring due to front end engine wirght get a dci or 1.6 /1.4 if you want stiffer setup but its nothing a set of aftermarket stuff won't do ten times better.