ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

revving 16vs

Gave my valver a push for the first time this afternoon and feck me, it was in 2nd and seemed to go well over 60, heading towards 70, is this normal, it feckin moves dont it.:D

leon cupra R

they do shift but if you keep doin it then you will start to accur some engine problems:)

As long as you dont bounce off the limiter all day every day itll be fine dude, get it right and start just say hitting the limiter before gearchange :-D

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Quote: Originally posted by DazRsi on 29 July 2004

they do shift but if you keep doin it then you will start to accur some engine problems:)
Ehh?? Engine problems from reving a 16v engine??

They were designed to be reved hard from Day 1. Mines been driven hard for the past 5 years in pretty much every gear, numerous track days and no engine probs here!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

16v - have to change just before I hit 60 and alot of other people have said the same. Thats why a chip to 7.5k limit is a good thing for 0.60 times.

Speedo doesnt work in the MR2 - dont even wanna think about what speed that does in 2nd!

Especially is I will be lifting the 2nd gear .5 bar boost limit asap!

Mine does 71mph in 2nd - standard! its been tested to that speed on may an occasion - however, therre is always the possibility of the speedo being a little off i spose!

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

your probably find the speedo is out bu 5/6 mph.

i tested mine with GPS and it was 2.5mph out (slower than speedo)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

I want a chip, wanted one for a while now to be honest.. although mine always shows 65 before bouncing off the limiter.. Noticed it varys from one to another...

How do you tell if ya car is chipped? Mine seemed to do 60+ no problem and had extra to come, but again chose to change gear rather than risk anything.