ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Revs not dropping...?

Mk4 .:R32
Hi guys. When i pull away in 1st and change into 2nd the revs dont drop.. they raise to about 3k and it sounds like i cant drive lol. Although sometimes when i change into second if i just hold the clutch down for about 5 seconds-ish between changing gears the revs will raise to 3k and then drop back to normal? This happens only every now and then and when the car is either cold or has warmed up.
whats going on? lol

Btw The car is a 2004 1.2 16v and only on 24k miles.

Cheers

ValverInBits
odd. think they are FBW throttles.
May need a new throttle body, maybe the pedal sensor has gone. Never heard of this tbh

humm... It wont have anything to do with my aftermarket exhaust or air filter will it. e.g. sensors getting confused?

ValverInBits
shouldnt do really. is your air filter clean? although I dont see how that would cause revs to hold high.

Cheers guys. My mate is going to check tomorrow as i know naff all about engines. Any other clues as to what it could be?

BMW M135i
Sounds very similar to when I had water ingress in the loom on my old 172 used to do the same thing, although that used to trip into limp mode before it got that bad.