ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Revs holding at 2k - 2.5k when i neutral.....

438'd 182
I have a 182 and it has develeped a problem at idle. When i am driving along the car will feel like the cruise control is on. For example i will be at 40mph in 4th and i will let of the accelerator and it will stay at that speed. When i then come to a stop and press the clutch, the revs will hover at 2k rpm. This has happened a few times and only does it sporadically. After the car does the car often goes into "limp mode". Once the car is restarted it seems ok.

I have no idea what this could be - someone please help!

Many thanks!

Tom

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds like either an inlet leak or a faulty sensor input. I'd get it looked at though before you cruise up someone's arse.

438'd 182
Thanks Mick - the car is booked into K-tec for some work doing and i will ask them to investigate. I wanted to see if anyone has had similar idle issues before.