ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reverse lights flickering then go off. help?

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
When i put the car in reverse the two reverse lights come on but they are flickering then after about 3 - 4 seconds they completely go off.
I've checked the earths just below the clusters but both of them were fine.
could it be the switch on the gearbox?
If so is this switch on the bottom of the gearbox as that is the only one i could find lol.
Any help appreciated

Evo 8 MR
It's on the nearside of the box towards the bottom, it's fairly easy to spot, I think you'll have to remove the arch though, not sure as I don't have any.

I would've thought it'd be an earth issue though personally as if it was the switch they'd either work or they wouldn't.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
you got any pics of where i'll find it?
i found a switch but it would probably be easier to get to from underneath. only thing that made me think it wasn't there is that i'd have to drain all of the gearbox oil when i removed it. thats the french for you though haha
what other earths can i try?
The ones that just bolt underneath the rear clusters can't really get anything on them to create a bad earth?
i was thinking that the connection on the switch may just need cleaned up then put back on?

Here's a picture its the green plug to the left. If you do remove it either drain the box or plug the hole quickly with something!

%7B38BF4911-C91A-4861-AFBE-528AE3434ABA%7D.jpg