ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reverse light not working

clio 1.4RT
Hi all as in the title, my reverse lights arnt working...... ive changed both the bulbs with no results... the car is an old 1998 R reg clio 1.4RT.

ive taken some pics of the passenger side rear light unit and there is a wire running to it that is separate to the main light loom is that anything to do with the reverse lights?

What if anything can i check to see if i can get them working again....

Joe

Attachments

• DSC00211.JPG
    DSC00211.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00212.JPG
    DSC00212.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 26
Probably find that the reverse light switch on the gearbox has failed. Its near the passenger side driveshaft seal on the gearbox, it has a green or brown connector.

There not much, motor factors should have them in stock. Its a 2 pin connector, so its easy to test if its working. Also check the fuses before stripping. Cant remember which fuse the reverse light works off, dont think it has its own seperate fuse tho. Would be in the passenger footwell fusebox.