ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rev counter, temp gauge, starter motor, throttle issues

Hi all
Just thought I let everyone know what I have found today,
Initially I had a problem with the throttle body butterfly fluttering and the throttle either being fully on or off like a switch , turned out to be the big white connector in the bottom of the fuse box,
The blue connector within that white block was the issue , all the connections were oxidised, I gave then a good clean (wire brush,mini screw driver and wd40) and also managed to tighten the connections by pushing down the metal flap on each of the metal spades within the blue connector,
This solved the issue.
Whist I had the white block accessible I pulled the other 3 connectors out and gave them all a clean, my rev counter and temp gauge now works which it hasn't done for months.
Also a problem I see a lot of people have was the stater motor only turning over once or twice and then stopping before the engine had started, by cleaning the white block connections this has also solved this problem and the started motor now turns over until the engine has started, hope this helps some of you with silly electrical gremlins

Matt