ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rev counter out of range

installed a rev counter with shift light only problem is that when my original rev counter reads for example 1000 rpm the rev counter reads 600rpm approx 40% less any guesses what it could be

and a big thank you to 16v_jon for explaining how to connect the tacho up no one else!!!!!

mandeep

1.2 TCE Clio Dynamique S
installed a rev counter with shift light only problem is that when my original rev counter reads for example 1000 rpm the rev counter reads 600rpm approx 40% less any guesses what it could be

and a big thank you to 16v_jon for explaining how to connect the tacho up no one else!!!!!

mandeep
You've probably got it connected/switched to the 6 cylinder set up instead of the 4 cylinder (or visa-versa)!

Hope this helps.

Wiltsteve

the green cable from the tacho which was the rpm siginal was connected to the pin one on the coilpack plug going into the coilpack. pin 1, 2 and 3 have cables pin 4 is empty. . .

mandeep

ValverInBits
sorry mate, I'd love to help but I can't. Thought I'd ask about management, because a few systems will allow you to run a tacho off that

would anyone think using a better cable from the coil to the green cable which holds the siginal to the tacho could help a more accurate rpm reading