ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Retrofitting a GT spoiler on a 197, can it be done?

Audi A5
As the title states,

ive seen a few old threads on here and 197.net with mixed opinions, some saying 'its impossible, your need a new tailgate' and some saying 'it can be done, it just needs some modifying'

I can't find a definitive anser or a part number for the spoiler either, help please!

Cheers bobby.

i believe you need a new boot lid for a GT spoiler due to the way it is drilled and bonded apparently also for the break light, thats what renault told me any way when i had to get the break light changed

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
To fit a GT spoiler, you will need the specific tailgate to take it. So in answer to your question, no, you can't fit it to a normal 197 tailgate

Audi A5
easier but more expensive.

I work for Renault so have all sorts of mk3 clios coming in and out the site so Im going to keep my eye open for one.